Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

limerick bus lane parish politics

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Parking around the back of the houses will not work well for them. Look at Moyross, Carew Park and Southill. Rear parking never ever works as it attracts crime. (Having lived in Carew Park with rear parking).

Ah well. I expect the residents to have some protest when the project is completed anyway.

Cars can be vandalised anywhere. Happened to me last weekend in Monkstown Dublin......supposedly an upmarket area of Dublin. Crime is EVERYWHERE now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

How did they manage the QBCs and LUAS in Dublin, I seriously doubt that this is rocket science.

So far, from what I've seen of bus lanes in Limerick they are nothing but an expensive joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

suitseir wrote: »
    Well, from looking at the plan, it looks like a complete re-haul of the area will be undertaken with lighting and cctv and it has been proven in the past, that enhancement of neglected areas such as this lane, can yield positive results. Relations of ours have been living there for over 40 years and have never had any problems from this lane TG.

Tell that to the residents of Portland Avenue in Ballinacurra gardens which is where the entrance/exit of the lane is, or the residents of Oakview drive. There has been more than one occassion where five, six or seven cars have all been smashed up on the one night and cars have been turned upside down a few times by gangs using that lane way as a spot to go in and out of. That's why the big steel gates with the cctv camera were put up.

I used to own a house on the Ballinacurra road, and my mother has a house there now so I have seen a fair bit of crap, plus I am in Ballinacurra gardens a lot and have seen first hand some of the damage that was done before the end of the lane was closed off. To reopen it will only allow the same scum to do damage again with the ease of escape the lane provides.

Advertisement