Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name/Contact of Artist

Options
  • 24-08-2010 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone knows the name/ contact/ anywhere to buy online of this artist who is always in the market on Sat (normally at corner up top of market)- sells paintings/prints of street scenes from Galway (like ones of quay st, or from outside neachtains or of claddagh etc), really colourful paintings?

Any ideas? Trying to get as present for friend and won't be in Galway for a few weeks!

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Can't remember, but if it is the artist I think, a few places around town also sell them. I believe I saw them in the antique shop on Flood St for example..

• Registered Users Posts: 11 katsuas

Thanks, yeah I think I have spotted them around a few places, may have done arts festival poster too- just trying to find it online or some way of ordering one online. Might try calling that shop. Cheers:)

Well that's likely a different artist you are thinking of that did (a lot of the) arts fest posters over the years..the latter is probably Ted Turton, and there is a lot of good art in the Gallery he runs with Janet called The Black Cat Gallery

The artist you first mentioned has a stall in the market and the colours are really bright in his/her stuff, but I do see a similarity between the two. Best of luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

its definitely NOT Ted Turtin at the market.

I think they one you are looking for is the guy who has the "warped" prints of the spanish arch, quay street, etc. They are lovely - they are also framed in an frame designed to look really old, and the colours are very vibrant.

why not google Galway Market - there is a list of all the stalls and contacts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

I think they one you are looking for is the guy who has the "warped" prints of the spanish arch, quay street, etc. They are lovely - they are also framed in an frame designed to look really old, and the colours are very vibrant.

why not google Galway Market - there is a list of all the stalls and contacts. if you can't find him, then just email one of the other traders, give your details and get them to pass it on to him on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lookinbusy

The guy you are asking about is from Kinvara I think. I have some of his pics at home so will check the signature later on and let you know his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lookinbusy

His name is Kevin Mcarthy and you can get his contact details here:

http://www.galwaymarket.com/arts_n_crafts.htm#kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 11 katsuas

Hi All,

Thanks for the responses. Dolphin city, it is the ones of the warped buildings, really vibrant! I mailed the Galway Market so they are going to get me some contact details.

Lookinbusy, Don't think that's the same guy- although I love his stuff too- the paintings are not raised/ more colourful! Thanks anyway though!

K

why not google Galway Market - there is a list of all the stalls and contacts. if you can't find him, then just email one of the other traders, give your details and get them to pass it on to him on Saturday.

Yup, I know that, that's why I mentioned the Black Cat Gallery which is just around the corner. I mentioned Ted because of the Arts Fest poster reference, and people have actually mixed the other artist and Ted up before, I heard people in the market at the stall asking if they were the same as the Festival poster.

The artist I was thinking of first sounds exactly like the one you mention dolphin city, but, I just looked at the Kevin McCarthy link and they don't quite look the same to me, but it may just be the pics shown on the website

*just saw katsuas' response

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

jesus
    c/o the pentagon

• Advertisement

DRakE wrote: »
    jesus
    c/o the pentagon

I confess to being tired but I'm lost!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wilks_old

Thanks for that, lookinbusy! I bought one of Kevin's 'painted engravings' (of Taylor's Bar, RIP, in this instance) today, Paddy's Day, in the market, had forgotten his first name and wasn't sure of spelling of second. All now clear!! post_old.gif 25-08-2010, 11:04 #8 lookinbusy

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Good that it worked out for you. Thread is old though so will necro lock it.
    Feel free to start a fresh one if new info comes to light.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement