Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Behemoth frontman Adam "Nergal" Darski has Leukemia.

Options
  • 24-08-2010 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.metalinsider.net/gloom-and-doom/behemoth%E2%80%99s-nergal-reportedly-diagnosed-with-leukemia
    “According to the Polish celebrity news site TVP, the disease has advanced to the point where chemotherapy can no longer be an effective treatment and can only be cured through a bone marrow transplant. Within the country of Poland, there are only 100,000 donors out of a population of 38,192,000. Nergal’s fiance Doda has already donated her bone marrow but it’s unknown if her bone marrow will provide a DNA match.”

Well ****. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

That's not good. Hopefully there's a few Behemoth fans among those 100,000 people and one of them can help out if his fiancé's bone marrow doesn't help.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Hard to believe.. I really hope there is a suitable donor..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Terrible news, hope he makes a full recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

****e news, I am big Behemoth Fan. I really hope he gets well soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

This sucks. I hope he'll be all right. Sh!t news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

Very sad news. I saw them play in Hellfest this June and if someone had told me that two months later he'd be in hospital with leukemia I wouldn't have believed it. Hopefully he'll pull through. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Was mean't to see them at Summer Breeze, but they cancled a few days before. Was rather gutted they pulled out, I heard he was sick, but Leukemia, sh*t one :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Thought I may as well bump this rather than start a new thread. Malice, move it to a new thread if you think that would be more appropriate.

Just came across some good news, Behemoth are returning to the stage starting with some shows in Poland in October.
    In a recent interview with Metal Sucks, Nergal stated about BEHEMOTH's upcoming touring activities, "The October shows are just to get warmed up. Then we might do some shows in Australia and Asia — that's the plan. Then the priority for early 2012 is a European tour, then shortly after that, a U.S. tour. This is our top priority for the next year and we're going to ****ing do it!"

He added, "Just wait and see us on the stage. You'll see. I'm not going to reveal anything about it, but we … It's not gonna just be BEHEMOTH. It's not like time stood still for us, like we were frozen in time and are just going to appear with the same entourage and in the same outfits. No. We're going to come back, we want to remind people of our existence obviously, but we want to make a ****ing impact, an impression. We want to show them that, hey, we are still ****ing evolving. We're not just hoping that you'll come to see us because I was sick. **** that. I'll be better soon and we're going to deliver!"

Source

Great to hear that Nergal is making his way back to the stage. Here's hoping they make it to Ireland in 2012.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm just glad that Nergal feels well enough to start touring again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

JBnaglfar wrote: »
    Thought I may as well bump this rather than start a new thread. Malice, move it to a new thread if you think that would be more appropriate.
    I reckon it's grand here. Thanks for thinking of me though ;).

It's definitely great news, best of luck to them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Another quick update here. Nergal has returned to the stage for the first time, performing one song with Fields of the Nephilim. Sounds like his recovery is going well. link

Advertisement