Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much per fight?

• 24-08-2010 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi guys just a quick question regarding MMA fight purses, seems alot of fighters are talking ****e about purse fee's, I personally been told purses from €50 up to €2,000

So please could you tell me whats the correct going rates for A class,B Class and C class MMA bouts in Ireland at the moment?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

How much do you earn chris?

The rate of pay will vary depending in standard, show there on-opponent and how much of a draw you are, if its a title match then the rates need to be top where a basic fight can be way less.

But like anything, you only need to know how much you earn.

ps, why would you feel people are lying to you about the purses.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Your coach generally does ur negiotating for you so talk to them and they will give you a figure of what they think you are worth or what you might get.

It dpends on the rule set and ur record basically

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Chris Dowling

I am asking this as a coach not as a fighter , just some students seem to have expectations which they have gotten from speaking to fighters at events which in my oppinion seem exagerated for fighters with 2-3 fights claiming to recieve €300 purse. I just want to give students a honest answer so that they understand that yes the can earn a purse for their hard work and training but it will not be enough to keep them employed full time unless they are amoungst the very few exceptional fighters who have what it takes to go all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

My rough take on the lie of the land in this regard is as follows -

C - Class: usually unpaid (starting level for MMA fighters)
    B - Class: 50 - 100 depending on the show (some fighters hit this level after 2-5 C class bouts, some fighters start here, depends on the gym and how they train)
    A - Class: 100 - 500 domestically depending on the show (fighters at the top of the B class ranks fight at this level, its the elite class for the best fighters in each weight)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Chris Dowling

Thanks Mark thats the sort of realistic reply I was looking for!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭juijitsu black

Usualy in our experiance it goes like this....
    1. C Class get 50 uk pounds or 60 euro
    2. B Class get £150win and 100 lose
    3. A Class get £250 win and 150 lose

A and B also get accomodation paid for, for them and ONE coach! :)

But that is just our experiance here and in the UK... BUT,.. its up to all promotions what they want to pay.

Also some coaches will take money from their fighters, but in my opinion, which means nothing, I do not agree that coaches take money from their fighter, because they are paying £3 - £6 per session which could be £24 per week nearly £1000 per year.:eek:

Just my Two cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kainer2

Are there really Irish shows paying 2000eur

If so i have several top rated fighter who are ready to give it a go !!

Advertisement