Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on DN012

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭leinsterrugby

what are like 2 other electives i can study that are kinda cool and interesting and real like 'university' type subjects u no what i mean like?

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Intro to quantitative economics is very easy if you've done honours maths at LC. By very I mean VERY.

What about someone who did pass maths 7 years ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    What about someone who did pass maths 7 years ago :)

Yes. Its one of the simplest mathematical modules in UCD. Go for it.

If you can't do it then theres no point in going near economics for your degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I did LC pass maths, and found quantitative economics easy enough, I'd definitely recommend the tutorials, if you go to them and the lectures you'll be fine.

Excellent guys, thanks for the responses. My decision is made - History/Politics/Economics.

Fun fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

kateos2 wrote: »
    I did LC pass maths, and found quantitative economics easy enough, I'd definitely recommend the tutorials, if you go to them and the lectures you'll be fine.

I'd say its one of the few modules in college you wouldn't need to go to a single lecture or tutorial to get an A.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Excellent guys, thanks for the responses. My decision is made - History/Politics/Economics.

Fun fun!

Exact same combination as me , except Spanish thrown in for good measure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    I'd say its one of the few modules in college you wouldn't need to go to a single lecture or tutorial to get an A.

Not necessarily, if you did honours maths maybe, but as I said, I did ordinary level and got an A, and a lot of the material was completely new to me, so if someone struggled at ordinary level, they are obviously going to find it tricky. If you're naturally good at maths, of course you'll find it easy, but it's not overly easy for everyone.

Advertisement