Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal Question

• 24-08-2010 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Ok, so i got my second choice and have accepted it. If i was too get a few of my scripts rechecked and they were downgraded, which would bring my points below the points requirment of the course i'am already in , would I be kicked out of the course?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Now that's a question!!

Haven't a clue though........:p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I don't know if anybody has a definite answer for your question, but the likelihood is that you *wouldn't* be booted out. You'll have paid registration etc. at that stage so you'd be in fairly deep. Basic thing is to view your scripts and only appeal subjects which are close to an upgrade, don't appeal anything that is near the lower threshold for that particular grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Anyone ?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

No. If they offered you a place and you accepted it, thats yours! There would be uproar if this happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I'm pretty sure that's not the case. Once you've accepted the course, that's it. The only way you can change course by CAO is if you're offered one for higher points...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

jumpguy wrote: »
    Once you've accepted the course, that's it. The only way you can change course by CAO is if you're offered one for higher points...
    Not true, if you want you can always email the CAO and tell them you no longer want the course.

But as for the OP question, the college themselves can't retract an offer once it's been made.

Advertisement