Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can cigarettes be purchased on a Dublin-UK ferry?

Options
  • 24-08-2010 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭

Just a question. Am travelling at the weekend, and tho I know that Duty free sales don't exist on board in the shops any more, I have a vague recollection of seeing sleeves of smokes in the ferry shops from the last time I was travelling.

I've heard you can pick up a pack of 20 at duty free rates for on-board use, but do the on board shops still sell cigarettes at Irish prices to travellers in the 200 packs?

If not, I'll just buy a couple of packs here to keep me going. I'd like a few to help save a quid or two on the UK prices while I'm over there. Any info appreciated. Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Athlone_Bhoy

You can only buy one 20 pack.

The person might let you buy some more but buying loads won't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Maximum i've got is 200 on the slow ferry (Ulysses), they sell them at the restaurant, bar & shop, go 2/3 times to each one, as far as i can remember they were 4.50 a pack but 5.50 on the Swift:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

Thanks lads.

I figured the bars / restaurants would let you buy one or two packs over the course of the trip. Guess the cartons aren't available on general sale at standard Irish prices then.

Oh well. Repeat trips to the bar using a variety of disguises it is then.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Was on Holyhead ferry last week - they were selling single packets of 20 for 5 euros but you would have to do the rounds of the bar, shop, etc buying single packs each time as they won't sell packs of 200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

buy 60 each time u do a lap,ul have a full suitcase in no time

• Advertisement
Advertisement