Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community welfare office

Options
  • 24-08-2010 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Im moving to cork next week and will be going back to college. I was told i should apply for the medical card in cork since im moving there. But where do i go? And also looking for doctors that accepts the medical card to get the form stamped and signed and whatever.

Any help with where i should go? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Your best bet in regards to getting the form is to go to Abbey Court House, George's Quay, Cork. To the best of my knowledge you can get them there.

I can't help with regards doctors. Probably best to see if there ios one attached to the College you go to. Otherwise ring around the Doctors in the area that you get a house/flat in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

The UCC health service is free, however you have to pay for any prescriptions because apparently their assumed demographic isn't who medical cards are aimed at :rolleyes: not sure what the deal is with CIT or the rest though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Depends where you get a place to live really. Abbey Court House on Georges Quay would be a good place to start,

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

From Citizens info:
    You can get the application form and a list of participating GPs from your local health centre or Local Health Office for your area.

You can also apply online for a medical card on medicalcard.ie.

Alternatively, you may download a medical card application form:

Form MC1 for people under 70 years and people aged over 70 whose income is above the €700/1,400 limit (pdf)

Form MC1a for those aged over 70 whose income is below the €700/1,400 weekly income limit (pdf)
    You don't need to go into any office to get the form, you can just download it and send it off. But I'm not sure what the story is with needing a Cork address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 pigvon

Im moving to cork next week and will be going back to college. I was told i should apply for the medical card in cork since im moving there. But where do i go? And also looking for doctors that accepts the medical card to get the form stamped and signed and whatever.

Any help with where i should go? Thanks

You can apply for medical card by filling in the online application form: it is easy and it only takes a few minutes:

https://www.sspcrs.ie/portal/medapponline/

• Advertisement
Advertisement