Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGB - have your speeds changed?

• 24-08-2010 6:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Have you been "upgraded" to NGB, and if so has your upload/download speeds changed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dave_Dublin

I'm with UTV and have been for years.

I was on their 7.6Mb option until a couple of weeks ago when I changed to NGB "up to 8Mb" - the 7.6 option is NO LONGER OFFERED.

My router was synced at 7616kbps downstream // 658kbps upstream the whole time I was on the old option.

Since NGB was enabled my speeds have changed dramatically :

This "uncongested" service now only gives me 5120kbps downstream // 384kbps upstream - I am totally disgusted and have told UTV so but they claim that Eircom have assured them that I'm getting the maximum my line can handle, even though it handled a lot more while on the old option.

5Mb is not even offered by UTV but that's all I have now!!

--- I'm less than 1km from the exchange, the only way I could be closer would be if I was in one of the shops that are directly in front of it . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

Balls, I'm worried now.
    I just asked them to change me to NGB.
    I'd better not get any of this crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

Conar wrote: »
    Balls, I'm worried now.
    I just asked them to change me to NGB.
    I'd better not get any of this crap.

Do a search on here on this topic.
    Some people have reported increases while more people have reported decreased speeds and have been told their line can't handle anymore while it did before NGB!!!

This NGB thing looks to be a bit of a farce to be honest.

Advertisement