Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House for rent

Options
  • 24-08-2010 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I am looking for a house to rent for a family. I couldn't find anything online on websites such as daft.ie . Is there any way I could look up ads in local newspapers online as I live far from sligo and can't buy a paper. :confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

sligo champion is available on line in a PDF format, but it requires a subsribtion. Maybe if you look up some of the sligo letting agencys on line as well.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

are you looking for long or short term and what location?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 okolo

sligo champion is available on line in a PDF format, but it requires a subsribtion. Maybe if you look up some of the sligo letting agencys on line as well.

;)

Thanks for the advice irish-stew ;)

tedshredsonfire

The term doesn't really matter but the house should be in good condition and not too far from the city center. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Won't you need to see the house before you rent it?
    Might be an idea to come to Sligo on a day when the newspapers are out and see what's available.
    Also some of the estate agents have property on their books to rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I know of a person renting a house,I've seen it myself it's in good condition,just outside Sligo town in a quiet area. 4 bedrooms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Brite_Cloud

Be sure to insist on seeing a BER cert, but only if you're not in a rush to find a property, as this might scare-off some landlords.

see link below
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055601176

Average heating oil costs for a typical old-irish-house are @1000 Eur per year (min) - compared to zero Euros for a fully passive home, where all the heat you need would come from the back of electrical appliances - such as fridges and televisions - and body heat from those living in the house.

" Seal It Tight - Ventilate Right " ;)

Ive been to Sligo before trying to find accomodation but it was very hard to find and I could not get to see it on the same day. What I hope to do is to find a house or 2 that I like and go to Sligo to see it but I need to see a few pictures and know the condition its in before I travel there. it takes 3 hours for me to get there. :D

Please let me know if you know anyone who has a house to let.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

Sorry friend of mine has one but its 30 mins from the town.

Yes 30 min is quite far :(. Still looking .. ;)

Does anyone know if the Cartron area is good for a family? And which area's should I avoid in Sligo. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Be sure to insist on seeing a BER cert, but only if you're not in a rush to find a property, as this might scare-off some landlords.

see link below
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055601176

Average heating oil costs for a typical old-irish-house are @1000 Eur per year (min) - compared to zero Euros for a fully passive home, where all the heat you need would come from the back of electrical appliances - such as fridges and televisions - and body heat from those living in the house.

" Seal It Tight - Ventilate Right " ;)

Why do I get the feeling that you are a BER assessor?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Brite_Cloud

Why do I get the feeling that you are a BER assessor?

I'm not, but politically speaking I'm half green.

But maybe you're right - maybe we should just continue the way we are - heating the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

okolo wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Cartron area is good for a family? And which area's should I avoid in Sligo. :o
    yeah carton should be grand lived there for 6 months no complaints quiet
    10 mins walk from town then you have carton village which had a pub a shop laundarette buchers.houses are quite big for the money too
    ohh and there is a primary school in cartron too

Thanks for your reply's , I'm still looking. There's so many students renting now so a few of the houses I've liked have been rented :mad:. Landlords prefer families though :rolleyes: so I hope something will turn up soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

Cartron Point and Cartron Estate are two different places - are you interested in living within the town or toward the suburbs and surrounds?

What sort of rent are you willing to pay?

Do you have references?

What size of house are you after?

Do you need parking?

More specifics will help. I have a few friends that are looking to rent and aren't near students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 adriano87

okolo wrote: »
    I am looking for a house to rent for a family. I couldn't find anything online on websites such as daft.ie . Is there any way I could look up ads in local newspapers online as I live far from sligo and can't buy a paper. :confused:

Im not originally from Sligo but I know the place quite well as I went to college there for 4 years,,I know a person letting a house in sligo, close to the town centre , only 5 minute walk. lovely area t.b.h and not many students living around there, perfect for a family. If your interested im sure i can get in contact with him?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Op, I just did a quick check on Daft.ie and there's lots of houses around town you can check out.

I lived in Cartron for a couple of years. It's a nice area. Just make sure the house you get is in good condition. The house I rented there almost fell in around my ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check with local management agencies.
    You can also contact the number on the placards outside houses, if they're desperate they may rent it out rather than try to sell.

Thanks for your help :-) . A lot of houses on daft.ie are quite old. I am looking for houses that are in very good condition or recently renovated. We are planning to move in the next 1-2 weeks.

Advertisement