Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Spurs Forum Fantasy Football

Options
  • 24-08-2010 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

Hi all I am going to post an update here every week on our fantasy football league. It helps to keep things interesting and of course encourage a bit of banter.

Top Goalscorer: 9 Bad-a-Bing FC, yid army

Most assists: 8 Sea stole my cat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Ok so the new season has started again and of course this means the fantasy football league is up an running. The main stats from this week are;

Highest points scorer this week: The Flying Bolts 73 points

Lowest points scorer: emagdin 30 points

The highest scorer by one player Drogba who as captain scored 34 points for both Bad-a-Bing FC and Armitage Shanks.

Most Goals scored: 4 by Armitage Shanks and Triffic

Most Assists: 3 by since62, Sea stole my cat FC, Athletico RHAM, Armchair Sergeants

Highest score this week: 91 by Oh To Be A Yid

Lowest score this week: 41 by Crouchies Hookers 11

Most points by one player: 42 points as captain for park lane pirates (who were the only team to have him)

Most Goals scored this week: 7 for Oh To Be A Yid

Most Assists this week: 5 for Sea stole my cat

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Just changed Bale to my Captain there bad week to have 5 at the back only reason that happened was because Modric and Rooney are injured two of my star players:mad:

I have had a stinker myself for the last two gameweeks and have now played my wildcard. The good thing is that there are two this season and using one now is the only way to ensure I am not dead and buried after just a few weeks.

does anyone know if I can change the name if the thread or is it only the mods who can do it. I really should have named it Boards Spurs Forum Fantasy League

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

You can do it kakee,

Just edit your OP

glad to see I'm mentioned in the first post. I had a strong week last week but having watched the city/pool game I'm gonna drop Barry even though he scored.

He played very very deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

kakee wrote: »
    does anyone know if I can change the name if the thread or is it only the mods who can do it. I really should have named it Boards Spurs Forum Fantasy League

Done.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Whats the code for the league? If some one could PM me it please.!

Whats the code for the league? If some one could PM me it please.!
    21802-252646

Thanks mullo for changing the thread title, makes more sense now!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,741 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I really should go and read the rules, how points are scored etc.

This wildcard stuff seems interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭tipperaryjim

Managed to scrape 91 points myself this week with Oh To Be A Yid!

Bale, Anelka and Kalou did wonders for me...

Hard to see Kalou producign the goods like that week in, week out though...

Fingers crossed Bale can though :D

Made a couple of changes.. because of med-long term injuries.

hopefully I can pull myself out of mid-table

My big Gamble on that **** Ireland didn't pay off. And I had Ferguson and all.

I got 79 last week and have been mentioned twice so far for assists so big week this week.

I'm relying on Ziglic to chip in with a few goals as my other two strikers are Drogba and tevez which everyone else has them I'd imagine.

Petrov hasn't reproduced his pre-season form at Bolton so far. i'll keep him for one more game otherwise he's gone!

ziedth wrote: »
    My big Gamble on that **** Ireland didn't pay off. And I had Ferguson and all.

I got 79 last week and have been mentioned twice so far for assists so big week this week.

thought long and hard about bringing in Irlenad for Nasri but didn't in the end. I'd say he'll be a hit at villa and will come good,... might just need a few more games before the assists, goals and bonus points start.

He is good value in fairness cause he will get his game.

If Young does go that's 4 of their best players in just about a year gone.

Hard to see any club getting back from that. I'll give him 3 games

by my powers of deduction I guess your team is sea stole my cat.

Indeed,

Remember that name :)

23 points this week with all 11 players played. What a disaster.

37 so far with only Konchesky still playing. Had Malouda and Rooney after playing the wildcard....:mad: Hopefully Konchesky will bag a hat-trick and keep a clean-sheet with any luck... Fckin disastrous start to the season, floatin around the bottom somewhere...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

43 everyone has played

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Had a shocker, not many points around this week I dont think.

Haven't looked at my team since before the internationals. Still have Dawson, Walcot and Defoe on my team.

Time to butcher my team I think

Delighted Konchesky got 8. A steal at 5.0! Hopefully he'll be strating now for Liverpool for the season. Also Terry went off early so got the clean sheet points:D. Only got 45 but that seems to be a decent enough score considering the weekend. Fúcking Roo and Malouda left on the bench....

Advertisement