Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Resources on contract theory/pricing function

• 24-08-2010 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I am looking for some good resources on the general relationship between contracts and their enforcement, and the economy. It's for an undergrad dissertation I'm doing next year--law, not economics. As such I have no background or education in economics, so I'm interested in looking at some of the fundamental texts that define this areas, I'd also like to read through some more beginner-focused materials so I actually know what I'm doing.

In particular, I'm looking for introductory texts on contract theory, the economic rationale behind the enforcement of contracts, the effects of enforcement (or lack thereof), why enforcement is important/necessary. Also, stuff on how the pricing function works and why it is important would be very helpful. Basically, I'm looking for texts which deal with the economic principles and rules followed by people entering contracts in the marketplace, and also how those people react to the rules governing contracts.

I'm having a browse through the resources thread in this forum and will have a look at a few of those. Wikipedia will also be consulted, of course. But if anyone knows of any resources which focus on the areas I have mentioned I would be very grateful. I'm planning to get these from a library, not buy them, so price isn't really an issue.

Cheers! :)

Comments

Advertisement