Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Vodafone BB worth a go??

• 24-08-2010 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭

I have VF Mobile BB at the moment, have had a few problems but with mobile BB i expected it. Customer service with VF was pretty bad and that the reason I ask,

Is it worth giving VF Home BB a go??

Its €48 for 8Mb and 120GB download from VF compared to 3Mb with eircom and only 30GB download, this is about €52 I think,

I cant get UPC or Imagine so I think Im stuck with one of these I think :(

After reading these forums all I can do is worry VF are going to rip me off if somethin goes wrong

On a good note my mate has VF and has had no problems but from what I read its when you get a problem, VF really let you down

Cheers, Ian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Vodafone Home broadband and Vodafone mobile are two completely different things, and in no way comparable. If your issue is mainly with customer service though, that will not change. Vodafone Home broadband is mostly just eircom DSL, apart from a few unbundled exchanges where up to 24Mbps is available. Speed and quality will mostly depend on the line itself, and most problems that occur with these can't be resolved by Vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Just got off the phone with a sales rep, I asked about a cooling off period as I had heard stories about Vodafone locking people into contracts when they weren't getting proper BB, He said, if I go for 7Mb and I only get 1Mb I can pull out of the contract at anytime as it was 7Mb that was agreed. Now I work in sales and realise the truth is sometimes stretched but after hearing this I might give them a go.... just hope he was telling the truth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

IPAM wrote: »
    Just got off the phone with a sales rep, I asked about a cooling off period as I had heard stories about Vodafone locking people into contracts when they weren't getting proper BB, He said, if I go for 7Mb and I only get 1Mb I can pull out of the contract at anytime as it was 7Mb that was agreed. Now I work in sales and realise the truth is sometimes stretched but after hearing this I might give them a go.... just hope he was telling the truth

If you want the evil truth about Vodafone Home Broadband, you'll probably find a lot of "clues" on the Vodafone forum.:(

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Ive read many of the posts but he said if I wanted out?? Am I being nieve or do I take his word? I did ask for a contract to be sent detailing what he said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

I switched from Eircom to Vodafone recently. My speed doubled (Both supposedly 7.6Mbps but with Vodafone I actually get 6 as opposed to Eircom's 3-3.5. Speed is consistent and the download allowance is 120 Gigs which is far superior to what Eircom offered. And it's a couple of euro cheaper - It was a no brainer for me but I understand that areas will differ. (I can't get UPC in my area btw)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

As a vodafone (previously BT) customer I can heartily reccommend them. 2.5mb average speed not to be sniffed at.
    I've got off peak UK and Irl landline calls (after 6 and weekends)
    40GB allowance and 3MB line
    and 200 off peak min to voda mobiles thrown in for €40 a month.

The My Vodafone page is useless though and the Customer Service is reasonable- but I have had no major issue of yet.

So product 8/10
    Price 9/10
    Support 6/10

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cscook

I've come to Boards on and off over the years when I needed information about something. I finally registered recently so that I could mark threads I was watching - almost entirely related to Vodafone problems.
    We had no significant problems with BT, but I have to say I wouldn't recommend Vodafone broadband to anybody unless it was all they could get. We experience fairly regular short outages, which I have started to log - and when there are major ones, there is no communication at all.
    I'll be switching when our contract is up.

Advertisement