Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox repair process - invalid postal code

• 24-08-2010 9:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what Irish people are supposed to enter in here?

Random numbers or letters do not work

Dublin postcodes do not work

Leaving it blank does not work

by the way, before someone suggests phoning support, I have done so and they do not know the answer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ZOLTAN28

Actually - it doesn't matter - they are going to charge me 91 quid to fix it so I won't bother - anyone know someone who fixes them cheaper than this

Mixture of E74, E68 and screen freezing

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭thomashood10

http://consolerepairsireland.ie/repair.php

They do repairs, don't know how much they charge though.

If you do it online, it should be cheaper, but it might be UK only for the moment.

If you're having trouble with the zip try entering;

D 15

D15

or maybe Dublin 15 etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

on the website make sure your loacation is set to ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 deltorro

I'm trying to do this and having the exact same problem. Its set to Ireland and everything.

OP, did you resolve this over the phone or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

pretty sure you can just stick a "0" in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

ZOLTAN28 wrote: »
    Actually - it doesn't matter - they are going to charge me 91 quid to fix it so I won't bother - anyone know someone who fixes them cheaper than this

Mixture of E74, E68 and screen freezing

oh and just remembered, dont quote me on this but if the 0 thing works for you i heard once its actually cheaper to do it online when your out of warrenty

None of those solutions (D 15 etc.) work - on the phone they tell you 0000 but that doesn't work either - they do not have an answer on phone support so they just register it for you (they remove the postcode field) and tell you the repair cost - for me that is 91 quid.

If you do have a problem registering online for a repair just call the support number for Ireland - it is painfully slow so be paient but they can sort everything out for you - I think that is a better option than trying all sorts of codes as you keep having to re-enter that letter code thing and it's a pain

Don't think it's worth 91 quid personally as I could probably get one of the new ones for not much more.

I am going to try a home repair and if that doesn't work it will get tossed.

http://consolerepairsireland.ie/repair.php

They do repairs, don't know how much they charge though.
    I have emailed these guys for a quote - cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nikolas

When you find you are in need of Playstation 3 repair, Xbox 360 repair or Nintendo Wii repair it can be a troubling experience for many individuals. All of the advancements that have been made in the video game industry have made it increasingly difficult for the traditional game stores to offer services beyond shipping your console in need of repair back to the manufacture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

ZOLTAN28 wrote: »
    None of those solutions (D 15 etc.) work - on the phone they tell you 0000 but that doesn't work either - they do not have an answer on phone support so they just register it for you (they remove the postcode field) and tell you the repair cost - for me that is 91 quid.

If you do have a problem registering online for a repair just call the support number for Ireland - it is painfully slow so be paient but they can sort everything out for you - I think that is a better option than trying all sorts of codes as you keep having to re-enter that letter code thing and it's a pain

Don't think it's worth 91 quid personally as I could probably get one of the new ones for not much more.

I am going to try a home repair and if that doesn't work it will get tossed.

Don't if you don't know what are you doing. You can make it unfixable!

Look at the console modding forum sticky, there are few lads who can reflow using pro tools, not some heat gun - make sure you ask them how do they perform repairs. Most of them are much cheaper than so called repair companies. Properly done reflow can fix it for good few years.

Second option is to sell it as is, when it is still untouched (warranty seal I mean) and put the money towards new console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

You have to put in 5 zeros in the post code for it to register ie 00000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

just had this problem there now and it needed six zeros for the postcode. but apparently my warranty is up in july 2009 even though I bought it in september 2008. I have the RROD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

donegal11 wrote: »
    just had this problem there now and it needed six zeros for the postcode. but apparently my warranty is up in july 2009 even though I bought it in september 2008. I have the RROD.

I have this problem now with registering my new xbox. I tried six zeros and I get a "NO TRANSLATE" error, otherwise I get a invalid postal address

Advertisement