Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vista wireless problem

Options
  • 24-08-2010 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi

I'm running windows vista on a dell xmp m170 and my wireless router is a cisco epc2425.

My wireless constanstly dropps to limited connectivity and then eventually to a completely disconnected state.

I've a mac book pro in the house which works perfectly so that leads me to believe its a vista problem.

Networking is'nt really my thing. Does anybody know of know issues or things I could try to fix the problem (besides wiping vista from my machine)?

I've been on to ntl tech support about 4 times. Its like asking a dog to try and solve a simultanious equation :(

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you updated the wireless driver lately? Some of the early vista drivers were troublesome. Have you tried changing the wireless channel?

Have you tried the dell in any other wireless locations?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dubbeat

Hey,

Yeah, according to my device manager all of the drivers are up to date.

What exactly does changing the wireless channel do?

I had the laptop wireless connected to a netgear router in another house and I didnt have the problem.

Advertisement