Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Market Friday Nights

• 24-08-2010 9:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the deal is with the people in the apple market area (between the Wacky Apple and the Kazbar) on Friday nights?

I have walked past a couple of times and saw what appeared to be a few people with a small table with tea/coffee on it. They didnt try to engage in conversation but they looked like they were there for a purpose.

Oh and they werent just taxi drivers having a break ;-)

I dont know if they are still there as i havent been around town on a Friday in a while

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Think they're from the Maranatha church (based in Railway Square)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

they'll give you a cup of tea or coffee if you stop for a while, i think in the winter they hand out soup as well. a friendly bunch of oddballs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Thanks for the replies

The reason i asked was funnily enough i heard something about street pastors on tv last night and i was wondering if thats what was happening in the apple market.

It appears it is.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

By street pastors you mean people like preaching on the street?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

ziedth wrote: »

Considering how crazy that area gets, would it really surprise you though..walking up the road at 2am with your chips to be greeted by:

"And the lord said.....HOWDO!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

ziedth wrote: »

Yeah twas some guy on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire from Tyrone who said he does it up there between 11:00pm & 3a.m. once a month... Brave chap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

mecco wrote: »
    "And the lord said.....HOWDO!!"

That chap is a legend!:D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XEn0_EUx2Y

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

I thought it was needle exchange..

Advertisement