Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debs tips

Options
  • 24-08-2010 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Tomorrow night, I'll be attending my first debs and I'm a bit anxious about all the before-hand stuff, such as arriving at my date's house and all that jazz.

As far as corsages go, what colour would be best to go with a cream dress, and exactly how do I go about giving it to her?

Her parents are the part I'm most anxious about. Flowers and chocolates are sorted, but again, how do I go about giving them to her parents?

Also, my time is limited tomorrow. I've got school-related stuff in the afternoon until 2:30 and I'm due to be at her house at 4:30. This gives me two hours to get home, drive to Swords, collect my tux, get home, go to a friend's house — who's also going to the same debs — and do some things there.

Would it be bad etiquette to bring my friend along, even with his date? I suppose it would be, but I'm nervous as hell.

That's about it, really. It may seem like standard stuff to some, but to someone like me, I probably won't sleep tonight if I don't have it all arranged in my head. Thanks a mill in advance!

Also, sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, I couldn't find an appropriate forum... and I'm a newbie. :rolleyes:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

Don't worry about bringing your friend a group of four of us arrived at my debs this year, if you leave the other two in the car and go in on your own it would look better tho... As for giving her parents the chocolates just say "these are for you" and hand them over, it probably won't be half as bad as you think! have fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Its just an over-rated night out.

About the corsage- "Here's a corsage!" and she'll go "awwh thanks" or something.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Dont worry itll be fine. I was late to meet one of my debs dates at her house and there were about 100 peole at her house waiting outside by the limo ( they were having a party at the house). Now that was terrible!

Get a pink orchad (corsage). Ones that go around their wrist are best. saves any the fumbling of putting it on if she asks you to help :p by the end of the night it will most likely be dead anyways lol

Your date will probably be nervous too. But remember all the gong to her house stuff is only for a few mins. The rest of the night should be awesome :)

Have a good time

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

From my experiences the worst thing that you could do is get horrendously drunk at your debs and forget what happened:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 townEnd

You'l make a better impression than i did...
    got invited to a debs and went last week, i was meant to be at house at 4.30...turned up at 5'15 and we had to rush to get the bus at 5'30 :P

Was still a great night :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Me and my date looked all over town for a blue tie (the same colour as the dress) but we couldn't find anything. I did find a blue tie in Pennys that is the same colour as the dress but it is a narrow tie and not a wide tie - I bought it anyway as it was only 50 cent. If I can't find a wide tie, is it ok to wear a narrow tie, or would it not match with a suit?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Me and my date looked all over town for a blue tie (the same colour as the dress) but we couldn't find anything. I did find a blue tie in Pennys that is the same colour as the dress but it is a narrow tie and not a wide tie - I bought it anyway as it was only 50 cent. If I can't find a wide tie, is it ok to wear a narrow tie, or would it not match with a suit?

Doesnt matter, you will have it taken off after a while anyways ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

With regard to ties, it doesn't really matter, as long as you are wearing a suit. It's not the be all and end all of matching your partner (2bh I used to think it was a bit over the top). For each debs I went to I never made a great effort to match my dates' dresses.

Have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Skerries CC is it?
    Just chill dude. I don't really get the big deal about the debs. It's an over-expensive night out, and that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Don't match, god no!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

skinny ties are waaaay cooler than the wide ones anyway! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clarke1991

yeah just leave the other 2 in the car. maby no one will notice? its what i did:cool:! dont worry about it atal atal atal, you will might be nervous, i was, but it'll b over in 2 seconds. i arrived at the last one and there were cousins there and everything:o! in and out in the time it takes to take a pic:cool:

Advertisement