Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

98fm - line up changing : New Morning Crew

• 24-08-2010 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

Any word on who's getting breakfast show slot?
    Dermot and Dave starting on drive next Monday at 4.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

bbability wrote: »
    Any word on who's getting breakfast show slot?
    Dermot and Dave starting on drive next Monday at 4.
    Whoever is doing breakfast, I think Barry Dunne said this morning that he would be on for the next few weeks! The guys in the evening are starting next week. Why are they moving them? It would make sense to me to leave them, seeing that 2FM will probably lose listeners and also with the changes on FM104.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Yeah the breakfast shows seem to be going through a transitional period alright especially on the main stream stations. God I must have scanned the whole lone up this morning trying to settle on something. In the end I sat on BBC R2 with Evans and then to morning Ireland.

It look like they're all gonna try a spoil hectors grand entrance!

Oh I love a good radio spat;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Unrelated slightly, since when has 98fm moved back to 98fm? That was a huge mistake changing to 98! Why did they want to rebrand in the first place?

I heard a bit of 98Fm this morning around 8am, and Barry Dunne said that Dave would be on before the end of programme to give some news. Not sure what it was as I missed it. Anyone hear what it was? I pressume that it wasn't that they are moving to the afternoon as that was already announced. Still think that it is crazy that they are moving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

According to Baz's facebook page, the lads are doubling up by doing breakfast AND drive for the next two weeks...

• Advertisement

Interesting...what does that say about 98FM. I am sure that the guys will have a good audience in both slots, but can't the other djs in 98FM or in the capital do the job.
    See I think that people may get sick of them when you have them on going to work and coming home! But I will be interested in seeing how it works for them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭qwert2

What! This station is still going?Man, I hate 98fm with a passion. Their music consists of latest chart music with about 50 'old' tracks from the 80s and 90s thrown in. Well it was the last time I checked, circa 2006

qwert2 wrote: »
    What! This station is still going?Man, I hate 98fm with a passion. Their music consists of latest chart music with about 50 'old' tracks from the 80s and 90s thrown in. Well it was the last time I checked, circa 2006

Nice to see you're so up to date :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭qwert2

Bard wrote: »
    Nice to see you're so up to date :rolleyes:

Well I'd be surprised if it's much different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 aerosmith

New here. I don't find 98FM overly offensive but really disappointed with NovaFM I thought they were gonna be proper rock but it's all wannabe American stuff... have you seen Dermot & Dave are giving away a prize to see U2 in Paris on a private jet? Anyone heard who the new morning line up is? It'll be nice to hear someone new for a change whoever it ends up being, I'm so sick of morning radio in Dublin. I see Jim Jim is crawling back to 104's Strawberry Alarm Clock with his tail between his legs... scarlet

http://www.98fm.com/competitions/u2943/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

The sooner they get rid of The Inbox the better, they had a good late night talk show on about 5 years ago, then the presenter left(name escapes me) and they moved the talk show back to 7:00, its uselss to be honest, i personally would prefer a talk show to start at 9:00 and run for 3 hours or so, plenty of people listen in bed. That stupid soultrain show is a cheap rip off of the lovezone on q102

Guys, we're veering slightly off topic here. If we can't keep it on the subject of the line-up changes in 98FM please? Thanks...
    soc160 wrote: »
    The sooner they get rid of The Inbox the better, they had a good late night talk show on about 5 years ago, then the presenter left(name escapes me)

Chris Barry?

Word on the street is the new morning crew are Aidan Power of RTÉ (The Café, etc.) fame and Claire Solan from Spin 1038.

Apparently it's in the Evening Herald today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

Yes, I heard that too about Aidan Power going to 98's Breakfast. Must be true so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Aww that blows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Bard wrote: »

Chris Barry?

NO im thinking it was Tom Brannigan?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Bandscan

Aidan Power Is Hardly Experienced At This Level all he`s done is fill in work on 2fm,he`d be more Spin Material With that Youth Programme The Cafe He Had On Tv.Craig Doyle Must Have Let Them Down.

I'd listen to craig doyle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Aidan Power... what are they thinking? This smells of something to me. Have RTE let him out on loan to gain some work experience so they can get him back and plant him straight into 2fm's schedule?

What ever happened radio presenters getting radio presenting jobs?

That's what I like about other stations. They've stuck with the people they know and the listeners like that about a radio station.

Don't know if it'll work but sure lets see if it does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Manimal

Aidan Power... what are they thinking? This smells of something to me. Have RTE let him out on loan to gain some work experience so they can get him back and plant him straight into 2fm's schedule?

That's what I like about other stations. They've stuck with the people they know and the listeners like that about a radio station.

Don't know if it'll work but sure lets see if it does.

Aidan power has a radio background - the pirate station Freedom 92 spent 8 years broadcasting from his back garden! He's also a graduate of the radio college out in ballyfermot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Aidan actually started out in radio, and in my opinion his radio presenting talent far surpasses his television presenting, which I wasn't much of a fan of. I'm excited for this, but I'll miss Dermot and Dave on the morning crew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Travismccoy

So by the looks of it, both 104 and 98 start this Monday.

This time next year, who will be Number 1 breakfast in Dublin, 98 or 104? It's 98 at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

So by the looks of it, both 104 and 98 start this Monday.

This time next year, who will be Number 1 breakfast in Dublin, 98 or 104? It's 98 at the moment.

I say it will be pretty even TBH. I listened to Aidan and Clare on 98FM and honestly they are better than I taught they would be, I don't know will be the doing sketches or things similar but they are very easy to listen to.

Jim Jim going back to FM104 is going to bring back listeners but that might take longer because Jim and Niamh were that bad.

BTW; has anyone listened to Clare and Aidan on 98FM and if so what do they think of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

unknown13 wrote: »
    BTW; has anyone listened to Clare and Aidan on 98FM and if so what do they think of them.

I have, I was listening to them yesterday, and am actually just about to put the radio on now! I agree with you, much better than I thought. I had confidence in Aidan Power but I wasn't sure how well he'd gel with Claire Solan but I have to say they're doing a great job. They're very listenable, which is a hard thing to find very early in the morning.

I had confidence in Aidan Power but I wasn't sure how well he'd gel with Claire Solan but I have to say they're doing a great job.

They've actually known each other for a good while, - as far as I know they went to college together and were good friends well before they ended up working on air together - so the chemistry should be there alright.

From what I've heard so far they've had a really good start - fair play and best of luck to them!

Aidan crashed the vocal! pfft.

Advertisement