Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chiropractor in Mullingar/Midlands

Options
  • 24-08-2010 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Can anyone recommend a good Chiropractor in either Mullingar or the Midlands?.

I am having bad case of sciatica, Dr has said pulled muslce leaning on nerve but no relieve from Phsyio, thought try chiropractor

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tictaksrawk

I'd have to recommend Rory Murphy. My family has been seeing him for years and have been really happy with him. He's out on the Castpollard Road, past the hospital. He's in one of the semi-detatched bungalows. His prices are about average for a chiropractor, so expect to pay a considerable amount. You should be able to recognise his place when you see it, hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

I'd have to recommend Rory Murphy. My family has been seeing him for years and have been really happy with him. He's out on the Castpollard Road, past the hospital. He's in one of the semi-detatched bungalows. His prices are about average for a chiropractor, so expect to pay a considerable amount. You should be able to recognise his place when you see it, hope this helps!

that guy is a smooth talking spoofer although that doesnt make him especially different in the chiropractic community :rolleyes: , the 1st day i went to see him , i explained to him that my pain wasnt specifically in the back area but in and around my ribs , he claimed this did not matter and that my problem stemmed from the fact that my spine was twisted , isnt it funny how every single person who visits a chiropractor has a twisted spine regardless of whether thier problem is a pain in thier big toe or that they suffer from asthma ( yes , chiropractors claim to be able to cure asthma by manipulating the spine ) , i had several X rays in the past few years and not once did the person who read the x ray say i had a twisted spine yet he was able to conclude this through my jumper and watching me walk , i saw this chancer only a handfull of times but he hurt my back ( heard a loud crack ) on the third and fourth session and nearly two months later , im in a lot of pain in my lower back all the time , i had pain in one area and thanks to this guy , i now have pain in two , another thing i find disgusting about this guy is the way he refers to himself as a doctor , thier is no such thing as a doctor of chiropractic , a chiropractic has as much business calling themselves a doctor as a butcher

it was only after i realised this guy had hurt my back that i went and educated myself on the quackery that is chirpractic , foolishly , i was under the impression that a chirpractor was a doctor of the back , to my shame , i didnt know that it was an alternative medicine which was without any medical evidence , ive spoken to two different people within a ten mile radius in the past month who have been badly damaged by chiros , they too believed theese chancers were legitimite medical proffesionals and like me were so desperete for a solution to thier problems , swallowed the bull**** they were being fed , hook line and sinker and like me, when the penny finally dropped , it was too late

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Gravale

I've just seen this post and the mention of Rory Murphy.

I had a stiff neck and wasn't able to turn it around as much as usual. A friend of mine who was going to Rory the following weekend suggested that I avail of his services. We are living in Dublin but had heard good things about him.

To cut a long story short, he did a full initial examination since it was my first visit. This included testing to see how far I could turn my head. He then proceeded to do the usual chiropractic manipulations on my spine or whatever. Afterwards, before I left he asked me to show him how far I could turn my head now. Lo and behold, I now found that I could turn my head noticeably more than before! He remarked that it was unusual to see a result on the first visit and didn't suggest that I return to him - which I didn't.

On the way back to Dublin I was so delighted to have my problem resolved that I frequently rotated my neck in the car like a kid who had bought a new toy. ☺

And no, I've not had occasion to return to Rory. One visit did the job. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 allanahm

I had heard great things about Rory and so i took my 2 month old to see him in Mullingar. I had 4 visits and never returned again. There has been no improvement with the baby as Rory promised there would be after 2 sessions,:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bruscar10

Its unfortunate that some people are still in pain or still have problems after their visits , but i can only speak of my own experiences

I have seen chiropractors/ healers / acupucture etc etc in many different countries for my problem and they have all been pretty much a waste of time. Rory has been without doubt miles ahead of the rest of them . He is the only person that i have any faith in and i would highly recommend him to anyone who has tried and failed elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

allanahm wrote: »
    I had heard great things about Rory and so i took my 2 month old to see him in Mullingar. I had 4 visits and never returned again. There has been no improvement with the baby as Rory promised there would be after 2 sessions,:confused:

I sincerely trust you went there with your child based on your Doctor's advice????:eek:

I would have absolutely no faith in Mr Murphy..thats his usual promise in that after a few visits you will be perfect!

If you're willing to travel, David Hickey in Longford is quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

I have been to dr. Slattery in sport spine and limb clinic across from Mullingar hospital and Found him great. He relocated my dislocated hip after childbirth ... He has also treated my husband for back and neck pain very successfully. Would happily recommend him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 carmella2012

There is a chiropracter 10mins outside of Athlone (near Tang/Glasson area) named Gerry Joyce, he works with the football teams/clubs. I know people who swear by him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

There is a chiropracter 10mins outside of Athlone (near Tang/Glasson area) named Gerry Joyce, he works with the football teams/clubs. I know people who swear by him.

Gerry is a physio and lives along the Bullet Road in between Cornamaddy and Glasson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mick69

For your information Gerry Joyce is not a qualified Physio so be very careful. I checked him out some time ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KHDC

I found this thread after recommending Rory Murphy to a friend of mine. I could barely walk with the pain in my hip and legs. Doctors had put me on the usual muscle relaxants and recommended physio which I did over many years. Rory has been the only person who has sorted me out. after 6 visits €60 1st visit €35 per visit thereafter I have no pain and am walking and involved in my sports again. I can only but highly recommend him.

Advertisement