Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Didn't get course help

• 24-08-2010 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Ok, so I was helping my friend who didn't get what she wanted. She ended up with 2 she wasn't mad about to say the least

Ignoring the lvl 8, as it's irrelevant to this problem, she got offered her no.8 6/7 course but really wants either her no.1, or more importanly no.6...

So inreferance to the latter, she got 370 points but the no.6 is only 360...?

Yes she meet the min requirements, no there's no special entry- not even a random entry astrick in the points for this year. Can someone explain this to me?

Thanks, Patrick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

patrick151 wrote: »
    she got offered her no.8 6/7 course but really wants either her no.1, or more importanly no.6...

So inreferance to the latter, she got 370 points but the no.6 is only 360...?

Yes she meet the min requirements, no there's no special entry- not even a random entry astrick in the points for this year. Can someone explain this to me?
    Doesn't make sense tbh.

Double-check min. requirements again, double-check her points again (could she have counted 7 subjects or points for a C1 in Hons instead of Ordinary ... sorry, but people do make those kind of errors!) ... if neither of those tell her to email the CAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrick151

Ok, having used qualifax's points calculator, her points are correct and she does meet the min entry. So I guess we'll just email cao in the morning for an explanation or, fingers crossed, a fixture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

patrick151 wrote: »
    Ok, having used qualifax's points calculator, her points are correct and she does meet the min entry. So I guess we'll just email cao in the morning for an explanation or, fingers crossed, a fixture
    Ringing them would probably get the answer quicker. Did she do her leaving cert this year? There seems to have been some problem with a few applicants that did their leaving cert in a different year...

Advertisement