Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting thread!

Options
  • 24-08-2010 10:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭

:mad: Hello, i'm here to report this thread as i am and i'm sure others, are deeply offended by the idiots on a thread in after hours who obviously haven't got a clue about history or protestants ... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056009678 , the language in their is an absolute disgrace and i can't believe the mods are letting them away with that, i am deeply offended how dare they! I want something done about this straight away, this is non acceptable, if we said that about them we'd be kicked out! :mad: And they say they want a United Ireland, i definitely wouldn't want one now after that, protestants would be treated like a bag of crap!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

If nothing is done i will be taking this further this has too stop now, its not funny anymore at all!

I need something done about this seriously, its very hurtfull.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OK, just a few things to address here:

1. Did you report any posts from that thread? That's the first thing that should be done so that the forum mods can take care of any issues that have arisen. I did see some posters getting infracted and banned as a result of that thread, perhaps these are the people who posted the things that offended you?

2. I appreciate that this thread has caused you great offence, and I'm sorry for that, but could you please provide links to specific posts that you find offensive. If you're making a complaint you need to provide as much information as possible. Mods/CMods/Admins are busy enough without having to trawl through a long thread like that trying to guess which posts offended you.

3. 3 posts after 10pm in this thread in less than 20 minutes? All mods on this site are volunteers, and we do not expect people to be available 24/7. One post is enough, it will be dealt with as soon as someone becomes available.

4. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "If nothing is done i will be taking this further", perhaps you could elaborate?

Zaph wrote: »
    OK, just a few things to address here:

1. Did you report any posts from that thread? That's the first thing that should be done so that the forum mods can take care of any issues that have arisen. I did see some posters getting infracted and banned as a result of that thread, perhaps these are the people who posted the things that offended you?

2. I appreciate that this thread has caused you great offence, and I'm sorry for that, but could you please provide links to specific posts that you find offensive. If you're making a complaint you need to provide as much information as possible. Mods/CMods/Admins are busy enough without having to trawl through a long thread like that trying to guess which posts offended you.

3. 3 posts after 10pm in this thread in less than 20 minutes? All mods on this site are volunteers, and we do not expect people to be available 24/7. One post is enough, it will be dealt with as soon as someone becomes available.

4. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "If nothing is done i will be taking this further", perhaps you could elaborate?

Ok i'll post the posts i got offended or think are rude in a minute thanks.

"Instead of giving back that land , lets send them a bill for hundreds of years of exploitation where they extracted our natural resources while our people rotted in the gutter and they grew rich. They would probably never be able to pay it back in our lifetime its so large.

Also, the scary thing about this is that our leaders and judiciary are so weak and un-patriotic that I wouldnt be surprised if their claim was upheld!!" Obviously dosen't know history.

"They should just be told to **** off, simple as. And if they don,t release the hounds!"-- and hes the one who wants a united ireland!!

Too many too quote but these are the worst, you'd think this thread was created to bash english people and protestants they are worse than the people in northern ireland i never realised that people down south where so rude about religion i thought it was just northern ireland but i take it thats wrong, won't be heading their anytime soon anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You did not answer Zaph's question:
    Zaph wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "If nothing is done i will be taking this further", perhaps you could elaborate?

relating to this:
    owenc wrote: »
    If nothing is done i will be taking this further this has too stop now, its not funny anymore at all!

Also, when Zaph was requesting you report the offending posts, he was asking you to click on the little red triangle beside the post, not quote them all here.

The local moderators take appropriate action.

Advertisement