Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lucan Resident's Association Subscription ???

• 24-08-2010 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi All,

The other day i received a note (small piece of paper) in my letter box in regards to the above, asking for 25euro upkeep for our estate. I have been living in Lucan since 2001 and never had received any subscription for any upkeep. I was just wondering is this a scam or a new thing this year?

I thought that the council or the developer deal which the upkeep as I was told that the first time i move to Lucan.

Your comments will be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

First i've heard of a Residents Association charging a subscription. Most estates in Lucan are well settled now and have passed into Council possession. All the residents associations do is organise estate clean-ups,neighbourhood watch schemes with the Gardai and bring any issues to the attention of the council.

I've no idea why they'd charge a subscription?! I'd be dubious about it and avoid handing over any money to anyone. Could well be a scam. If it is legit maybe a representative of the association could make themselves known here and explain what it's all about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

You don't live near Hillcrest by any chance? I know people have been asking for money for Neighbour Hood Watch.

And they do absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dublinese

Thanks for the info.

No I live at the Tullyhall and Hayden estate.

Can I name the collector on this? She said in her note as follows below:

I am sorry I have missed you on two occasions when I called to collect your annual resident's association subscription. This money is for the used for the upkeep of the estate, mainly grass cutting and landscaping of the public area. I would appreciated if you could drop or post if you prefer your 25euro sub into the treasurer at (ADDRESS) Castletown.
    Thank you
    (NAME)
    Collector.

I just find it very strange that she does not ask for a cheque and to be send to a company.

I have friends that live in Blanchardtown but they get invoice or bill sent to them to pay for the upkeep of their estate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,771 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Grass cutting is the responsibility of the builder until the council has taken over. Then the grass cutting is the responsibility of the council. Residents should not have to cut the grass themselves or pay someone to do it for them

But I too know of a situation where neither builder nor council cuts the grass: in parts of the Griffeen Glen estate. I don't know the details though.

Lousy residents association if they rather ask money from the residents then sort the problem itself (get builder or council to cut the grass) imho...

my estate has this too. It's used for landscaping and children's days, etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement