Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halifax Fixed rate customers good news!

Options
  • 24-08-2010 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I was talking to a girl in Halifax today re an account and she told me they will be writing to all fixed rate customers shortly requesting we take our money somewhere else by Christmas as BOSI are closing BUT they will pay the full interest! Some good luck for a few of their custmoers for a change! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Trampas

almalahide wrote: »
    I was talking to a girl in Halifax today re an account and she told me they will be writing to all fixed rate customers shortly requesting we take our money somewhere else by Christmas as BOSI are closing BUT they will pay the full interest! Some good luck for a few of their custmoers for a change! :)

What is "full interest"?

Will another lender take on the risk?

Will you be on a better rate?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I'm guessing this is a fixed rate deposit account that was able to be opened by March 2010 before Halifax announced their withdrawal from the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭almalahide

snubbleste wrote: »
    I'm guessing this is a fixed rate deposit account that was able to be opened by March 2010 before Halifax announced their withdrawal from the market.

Yes it is so i will get 7% interest on a sum of money as if I had have left it til 2012. With regards to a new rate, I basically told UBank that i wanted to put a sum into there 1000euro max per month acount at 4%. They said as it was coming from Halifax they would otherwise I would have just put my money into prizebonds as interest rate and terms and conditions of other banks compared to Halifax are crap! :)

Advertisement