Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving out from the family home...

Options
  • 24-08-2010 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Current situation is that I'm 23 and just finished college. I live at home in Dundrum with the folks. I've just got a full time job in the Ringsend area and I was just wondering what are good areas to live? I don't really know inner city areas all that well...

Also, with the Luas just on my doorstep, am I mad to move out? I could stay at home and save the money, but I want the freedom and all that comes with it!

I've had a poke about, but couldn't find any advice for this area. Any help is much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Depends where in Ringsend. There's a tonne of nice apartments on Cork St and the 77, 77a, etc... stop there and take about 30 mins to get to Ringsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

D_D wrote: »
    I've had a poke about, but couldn't find any advice for this area. Any help is much appreciated!

There was a thread a few days ago about Ringsend as an area to live in...other places nearby that are good to live include Sandymount, Ballsbridge, Grand Canal Dock etc - take a look on Daft.ie for prices etc

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭D_D

Cheers for the input guys. I've seen a place on Clanbrassil street, in St. Patrick's court. Anyone have any opinions of this place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Hi OP, with regard to convenience I can highly recommend living in Ballsbridge. The area is also incredibly quiet, safe and the proximity to Herbert Park is a lovely benefit of the area. Not to mention the RDS, Lansdowne Rd, DART, etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

D_D wrote: »
    Cheers for the input guys. I've seen a place on Clanbrassil street, in St. Patrick's court. Anyone have any opinions of this place?

Nice spot, you've got a Mace underneath, few other foreign shops, chippers, pubs, bus stop just outside, etc... only bother is it's right on Clanbrassil St so it would be probably noisy with the buses and constant traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Nice spot, you've got a Mace underneath, few other foreign shops, chippers, pubs, bus stop just outside, etc... only bother is it's right on Clanbrassil St so it would be probably noisy with the buses and constant traffic.

I'd go along with Gav here, bout 5 minute walk to Patrick's Cathedral too, where the 77, 77A etc pass through on the way to Ringsend.

Less than 10 minute walk to Wexford/Camden St too, same for Stephen's Green.

Advertisement