Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wheres the craic

Options
  • 24-08-2010 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

going to carlow now in the nxt few weeks for first yr in computer,
    staying in southern gardens
    and was wondering where the good pubs, places that parties happen and general craic :)
    i know none of this as im a rossie
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dave D

your in luck, carlow has a good night life! :D
    scraggs alley is a great pub, kind of like a disco pub with a dancefloor. thats on the main street.
    across from that is tullys a quieter bar but can be good craic sometimes.
    For football matches The barracks is a great sports bar with loads of tv around the place.
    Then theres Gullys the bar I usually go to. It has pooltables, dartboard, ps2, jukebox and small dancefloor. Really great when theres a good few people in it but can be very quiet on off nights

In terms of night clubs theres The foundry and temple.
    The foundry is a huge complex and is split into sections, really good for the first few months of college but then i got bored of it.
    As for temple not as fancy as the foundry but cheaper drinks and I find it more fun!!

hope this helps and remember to study and attend class!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tomottosam

thanks man, i like da sounds of the place wit da ps2's :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Truff Puff

tomottosam wrote: »
    going to carlow now in the nxt few weeks for first yr in computer,
    staying in southern gardens
    and was wondering where the good pubs, places that parties happen and general craic :)
    i know none of this as im a rossie

Rossie, you'll find plenty of craic in the library and lecture halls

tomottosam wrote: »
    thanks man, i like da sounds of the place wit da ps2's :L

yeah its good playing ps2 over a few pints :D But Id say You will spend most of your time in scraggs and foundry.
    They suck in the first years with lights and shiny things lol.
    Anyways for freshers week theirs usually a freshers trail organised, its pretty much a party going from one pub to another and covers most of the bars.
    Good way to get acquainted to carlow bars and its students :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tomottosam

it is i supose :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 mike73

If you go to gully's you have a 100% chance of finding Mr Dave D drinking away, im pretty sure he's the reason the bar is still going, isnt that right elmo?

Gullys, The Temple and The Foundry are the ways to go, i hate night clubs in general but if you just get hammered and go to either or you'll have a great time

mike73 wrote: »
    If you go to gully's you have a 100% chance of finding Mr Dave D drinking away, im pretty sure he's the reason the bar is still going, isnt that right elmo?

haha well on any given night the odds are in favor of me being there yes :p
    Gullys is still going cause its an awesome bar with a stong following theres a lot of people that drink there more than me,
    I just head down early and on off nights too :pac:
    If Mr Mike73 is drinking in gullys you have a 100% chance of finding him very drunk and being awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mike73

Dave D wrote: »
    haha well on any given night the odds are in favor of me being there yes :p
    Gullys is still going cause its an awesome bar with a stong following theres a lot of people that drink there more than me,
    I just head down early and on off nights too :pac:
    If Mr Mike73 is drinking in gullys you have a 100% chance of finding him very drunk and being awesome.
    and not trying to molest you on the pool table :eek::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 theanonymous

you can just get drunk in home and come to any of the house in Carraigh Abhainn. Its not as good as last year but still

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

The local slatted units nightclubs include a place called The Foundry (possibly because there's a high likelihood of getting hit with an iron bar), The Temple (no comment).

As for pubs, haven't been to many. Scraggs Alley is probably pretty ok, but it's in close proximity to The Foundry. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement