Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating-how does it work?

• 24-08-2010 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey people i didnt get what i wanted to do for college and has came to the conclusion that im going to repeat...im just wondering do i do all the subjects again or can i drop some? and if i can drop some is it the points i got from the leaving cert in that subject this year follow on?

Also if anyone has any advice on what repeating is like i would love to hear

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭sKepTics_George

Hey, I am thinking about repeating as well,
    but i have so many questions, do I have to make a new project and folder for Construction. What about LCVP ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

You can drop subjects and pick up new ones if you like.
    And you can't mix and match point from different sittings of the leaving cert, the CAO will only count the point you got from this year or next year. You can however take requirements from last year, like if your course needs you to pass maths and you did, then you drop maths this year if you want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Saviola

I repeated this year after failing miserably short the first time. I must say it was a great decision as i now have my course and i really enjoyed repeating surprisingly. I think if you are really motivated to get your course then repeating can be brilliant and also with not having to do some of the subjects which i hated the first time i found it much easier.

Also be sure to take a good look at all subjects before choosing what you want to do next time, i took up 3 new subjects this year and they ended up being some of my best in the end!

Best of luck with whatever you choose anyway and its certainly not the end of the world having to repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

So. I got 380 my LC this year.
    There's no way I could repeat two subjects in which I would like to do better in, and add their scores onto the original (excluding the original score of the subjects I repeated)?

I guess not?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Saviola

Unfortunately not!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Hey, I am thinking about repeating as well,
    but i have so many questions, do I have to make a new project and folder for Construction. What about LCVP ?

I don't know anything about Construction, but for history I had to do an entirely new project.
    My friend also repeated and she did LCVP. As far as I know, you are not allowed to alter your project (or whatever it is, again, I didn't do this subject!) from the year before.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Geard

U have to do a new construction project and folio...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ClodaghJoan

Perhaps I'm a shameless advertiser, but I'm repeating this year too, and I'm going to blog my way through it if you're interested
    http://clodaghjoan.blogspot.com/

Advertisement