Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police clearance for De facto Visa (need advice)

Options
  • 25-08-2010 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I need to get a police clearance for my upcoming defacto visa. I rang my local garda station last night and they said they never heard of a police clearance for visa and they only do it for people who need it for new jobs, so i said could i just get a letter from them stating that i have no criminal record and i was told no they don't do it... I did abit of research and emailed the vetting unit in tullamore explaining the situation and what i need but i have not heard anything back from them. I don't know what to do now, could anyone give advice please?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Lorrie123 wrote: »
    Hi,

I need to get a police clearance for my upcoming defacto visa. I rang my local garda station last night and they said they never heard of a police clearance for visa and they only do it for people who need it for new jobs, so i said could i just get a letter from them stating that i have no criminal record and i was told no they don't do it... I did abit of research and emailed the vetting unit in tullamore explaining the situation and what i need but i have not heard anything back from them. I don't know what to do now, could anyone give advice please?:confused:

Yeah that happened to me, I was given the run around, just either ask for the superintendent, they usually have dealt with this.

You do not need the vetting agency, as they are for jobs looking to vet some one

I have attached a scan of the form I needed to fill in for this purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

That's the one.

Takes about 2-3 weeks for the Superintendent to send it out by post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Yeah just look up who is the superintendant in your area, and write to him/her. Mine didnt take too long, couple of weeks till i had it in my hand.

Advertisement