Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitarist looking for bassist & drummer

Options
  • 25-08-2010 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Experienced lead guitar player (with vocals) with own equipment and transport looking to start an org band (maybe a few covers to begin with). Influences include Jane’s Addition, Soundgarden, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, SRV, Eric Clapton, Guns N’ Roses, Richie Kotzen, Thin Lizzy, AC/DC, Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, Metallica, Greg Howe, Joe Satriani, Gary Moore, etc….
    Ideally looking for a drummer and bassist to start to form a tight 3 piece but would be open to another guitar player to join also. I can sing also and my range is pretty good.
    I’m based in Dublin 3 area and would be looking to rehearse once / twice a week to begin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭prince john

What age group ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭9fcdhzkx46apgr

Hi there - I'm 28, but age is not really much of an issue for me as long as they are good musicians, mature and have their own equipment and transport. What type of stuff are you into?

Anyone interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Colzed

Hey there, we'looking for a lead guitarist to join our band. you can check out some of our material at www.myspace.com/9thlifemetal
    If you like what you hear and think that you could contribute your own style to the songs give me a shout and we can hammer out the fine details.
    Thanks.

Colm.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭doh777

dublin bassist here.

• Advertisement

Hi Colzed - Thanks for the reply. I'm afraid I'm looking for a band in Dublin only. Cheers though and best of luck finding a guitarist

Hi Doh777 - What sort of stuff are you into? Based in Dublin? Can you sing also?
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jdug

Hi Del,
    I play the drums and have just started looking for a band to play with. I live in North dublin but will be moving close to UCD in a few weeks. I've been playing for 6/7 years off and on. I've only played a couple of gigs so not hugely experienced in gigs. I'm into rock mainly from ac/dc, thin lizzy to radiohead, audioslave. Let me know if your interested in having a jam

into the stuff you mentioned. can i sing? not sure.
    Based in south dublin.

Hi Jdug, Do you have any demos? Would u be interested in a jam soon? Have u got ur own transport?

• Advertisement

Hey Doh777 - Sounds good. Would u be interested in a jam at some stage?

I would. off on holidays from the 15th to the 30th this month to let you know for dates.

Hi - Any bass players or drummers interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ThinLizzyFan

Hey i'm playing in a Thin Lizzy tribute and we need a Phil Lynott!!Would you be up for it?We're based in Dublin city centre have our own rehearsal space all in our 20's and are extremely professional.We have a singer it'd be great if you could do backing vocals but not essential.Looking to start gigging again as soon as possible.
    Cheers Anto

Hi Anto - You looking for a bass player with backing vocals, or just a singer? I would be interested in playing lead & rhythm guitar and vocals if thats what your looking for? I love Lizzy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ThinLizzyFan

Hey thanks for replying i'm really just looking for a bassist backing vocals would be a plus.Our bassist and 2nd guitarist have just left im in the process of auditioning guitarists right now.How long are you playing?Whats your set up?And last but not least how old are you?I'd love to hear you play if you have something online?Sorry that was a lot of questions!!
    Hope to hear from you soon
    Anto

Hi Anto - I'm 29, have my own gear and transport. I've been playing for about 16 years and have played in both covers and original bands before. I play a G&L S-500 guitar and play through a Huges & Kettner 60 watt all valve amp. Don't use a lot of effects, but I the ones I usually use are cry baby wah, ibanez delay, boss delay, boss, chorus, OCD. This is a clip of me playing jamming over little wing on YouTube. I will put up some more soon. Apologies but the sound and video quality isn't great but it should give you an idea of my playing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxp1v3i2DyI

PM me your email address and I can send you on some demos. Have you guys been gigging previously? Are you an established Lizzy tribute band?

Any bass players out there?

Advertisement