Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meter Type - 24 Hr

Options
  • 25-08-2010 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Could some explains what this means? It might be an idiotic question - but first time having a bill in my own name and trying to figure it all out.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi lilminx,

Not all at; it’s a good question to be asking yourself, as it’s always best to be clear about these things from the outset.

As a domestic customer, there are optional tariffs available (i.e. systems/schedules of pricing), one of which is the 24-hour tariff you mention. Being on a 24-hour tariff basically means that you are charged a flat rate around the clock for your electricity consumption.

The alternative to this is our ‘nightsaver’ tariff, which, as the name suggests, means that you can avail of a cheaper unit rate at night/in the early morning. To make a saving on this tariff, you would need to be using approximately 3 to 4 units per night (a minimum use is required in order to offset other increases, details of which can be found here).

For further information about our available tariffs, please click here. And for a useful way of calculating the electricity costs of your various household appliances, click here.

If there's anything else you'd like to ask, just give me a shout.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement