Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Got any pics?

• 25-08-2010 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

I'm doing a college project based on self esteem. We are to produce a book type thing with positive images, people smiling, striving, climbing mountains, being happy, skies that sort of thing.

At the end of the course we will be using our books to work with young people with self esteem issues.

Can any of you wizzes let me use some of your photo's or can you direct me to where I might get some good quality shots I can download?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Are you looking for kids, adults, a bit of both? What college and course is it you are doing, sorry for asking but if I am going to send off pics to you I just want to ensure the request is genuine.

Ive no problem sending some off, I assume you are looking for natural shots rather than posed studio or formal shots. You can pm me your email address and I can look into sorting some pics for you tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

Thanks Smelltheglove!

The course is genuine. I'm here in melbourne studying an Arts Therapy course. Basically its counselling using art as the modality. Helping people express themselves through the use of art materials etc. You can find the details here http://www.chisholm.edu.au/Search/Pages/TotalSearchResultsPage.aspx

As I said this project is about us producing a book full of positive imagary, quotes, poetry etc for use with clients when we graduate.

Adults or kids are both ok. Im also looking for pics of nature, space, sky, sun, anything that gives off a happy positive vibe. Im adding famous quotations and short verse to them.

Any help you can give will be appreciated.

Ive scoured the web but most pics are very low resolution so not much good.

and yes I would prefer natural looking pics but anything positive is useful.

Thanks for your help.

Mac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Have a look on my Pix.ie pages and let me know if there's anything there that could be useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Same here.

gee thanks guys. how do i find them?

do i need to sign up and search yr names?

oh its ok. i see its in yr sigs...

• Advertisement

wow theres some talented people about.

could defo use some of those.

caban: that one of the little guy in a wetsuit with the water splashing would be great. DCC_0261 as well as DCC_9365

cagey: pretty much any of those macros and vrooom beauty and the little beast ass kissing and the Mellow yellow - Buff tailed Bumble would be really useful as I have a quote about bees I wanted to use.

Can I use any of the above guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Maccattack wrote: »
    wow theres some talented people about.

could defo use some of those.

caban: that one of the little guy in a wetsuit with the water splashing would be great. DCC_0261 as well as DCC_9365

cagey: pretty much any of those macros and vrooom beauty and the little beast ass kissing and the Mellow yellow - Buff tailed Bumble would be really useful as I have a quote about bees I wanted to use.

Can I use any of the above guys?

Are you going to give us credits? ;)

let me know which ones in particular you'd like to use, shouldn't be a bother :)

Are you going to give us credits? ;)

let me know which ones in particular you'd like to use, shouldn't be a bother :)

yeah i can do a credits list at the back, but the only people who will see it besides my tutor and people in the class will be kids i work with.

Still am happy to do it though.

Any of those pics ive mentioned that you are prepared to let me use would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

pix.ie/hughwphamill

Anything in there you want, let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

You can use any in my pixie but mine mightn't be suited for kids!

• Advertisement
Advertisement