Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebuyer and time to waste - Rate mah build!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

First drunkpost of the week! :pac: And only a Tuesday night! :D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

maybe a different case http://www.ebuyer.com/product/165238

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Chuck Finlay

You have 2 PSUs in your list (you did chose a case bundle).
    Do you really need 1600 RAM?
    And the most important: Does anyone else feel ebuyer products overpriced? Wouldn't you rather import from Germany instead of UK? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Didn't notice the case had a psu bundled. Guess that'll knock the price down a bit.

I'm looking at this with sound reduction and a moderate OC in mind.

Why 1600 RAM? Why not? I may push the overclock eventually. Not much of a price dif between 1333 and 1600 anyway.

I think ill go cheap on the case as, let's face it, 50 gets you a lot of case these days and the coolermaster is excellent.

Problem is, neither that case nor the bundled PSU are much cop :o It may do for a ~€400 build but any gaming build starts at Thermaltake V3/Corsair CX400 territory and only heads north from there ;)

• Advertisement

The case is really good, the psu you should be looking at is the one listed above. As I said before, the bundled one was accidentally chosen.

Might just go with an antec 300 again (awesome) or that one in the latest custom PC mag enthusiast build. And at that I might as well upgrade to a Titan fenrir... Dammit wallet is crying blood again. :D

If you want to keep an OCd i5-760 in check try the Hyper 212 Plus or Mugen 2 Rev2 before that overpriced noisy-ass Fenrir :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

You have 2 PSUs in your list (you did chose a case bundle).
    Do you really need 1600 RAM?
    And the most important: Does anyone else feel ebuyer products overpriced? Wouldn't you rather import from Germany instead of UK? :)

I found eBuyer to be fairly cheap on a lot of things, before you add in shipping at least:pac: Their site is also the best laid out in my opinion.

I should give a bit of warning about eBuyer though. I recently ordered from them although I use the term "recently" loosely as it was almost a month ago now. They're the biggest pain to have to deal with imo.

I had to make my order numerous times. They didn't accept Paypal or Google Checkout and in the case of Google Checkout, the credit card I used was canceled by the bank temporarily. They also canceled one of the orders for unknown reasons and Visa didn't return all the money which I still haven't got sorted out. It took about 2 weeks to actually order the thing and even then it had to go to the billing address instead of my work address. I'd advise going straight to their checkout system if you deal with them rather than Paypal or Google.

When I finally got it all paid for I still couldn't track it. They gave no tracking details and it took several phone calls to get 10 different tracking numbers. This was extremely odd as there were only 5 boxes and none of them could give any information after it had left the UK due to the fact that their courier of choice is Parcelforce who seem to be unaware of the existence of land outside of Britain. Several phone calls later and we found the warehouse who were holding it and managed to change the shipping address to the work address from them which was one of the few good things that happened. The packages arrived 8 days after they said it would and not everything was there.

I had ordered a somewhat expensive NAS which was apparently in their second warehouse so therefore they shipped it separately with a different courier. I've called them up a few times and they told me 3 days ago that the company holding it in Dublin would call me to say whether or not they actually had it. Still now word from them. I've sent them a message and they have told me that they emailed the warehouse who had it at first who will hopefully know wtf is going on. I'm still pretty anxious about that and not half annoyed at the amount of chasing I've had to do and the fact that it will have been a whole month since the successful order by tomorrow.

/rant over

Anything going to Ireland from the UK is legally required to be smashed by giant hammers then stored in a flooded sewer warehouse for 17-2768 working days before being shipped on :o:pac:

The number of times I've had stuff coming in from the UK disappear or get mauled is mindblowing. And the retailers there are both perplexed and royally hacked off at the fact that every anti-Irish scumbag in the UK works in the courier business... they find it easier to ship stuff to the Shetlands! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Solitaire wrote: »
    Anything going to Ireland from the UK is legally required to be smashed by giant hammers then stored in a flooded sewer warehouse for 17-2768 working days before being shipped on :o:pac:

The number of times I've had stuff coming in from the UK disappear or get mauled is mindblowing. And the retailers there are both perplexed and royally hacked off at the fact that every anti-Irish scumbag in the UK works in the courier business... they find it easier to ship stuff to the Shetlands! :rolleyes:

Nice to know I'm not the only one anyway:pac:

Got a message from eBuyer today. Seems like they've given up on the original NAS and shipped a new one with priority delivery so hopefully it'll all work out. Sorry for going off on a tangent though, back to helping hare with his/her build.

I would agree that a better case might be in order. The NZXT Hades is pretty nice looking, the user reviews have all been very good, it has great cable management and I can say from experience that it's a good brand. It's almost the same price as the Coolermaster but you'll need to hang on to the OCZ PSU.

• Advertisement

Hades = Win. Just one tip: the cheapie 120/140mm fans are noisy and the second 140mm fan isn't included so slap on resistors or a fan controller or replace the lot. The 200mm intakes are quiet, have an integrated controller and are very powerful :D

Replace the master of cooling with the master of the underworld. Got it.

Yet again, the ocz is the psu I want, the bundled one doesn't matter.

Deck it, thanks for the recommendations lads, but I think ill just go back to the silent i3 gaming build I was considering. With a 460 instead of the 5770 of course :)

Advertisement