Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Found a little bag of gold...

• 25-08-2010 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

So while I'm over in my girlfriends house messing around with my camera, her father comes over to visit and says he used to have alot of 'camera crap'. I said i'd love to see it someday-and didn't think anything else about it.

So a week later, I show up to his house and there's this nasty smelling bag in the corner. After a while I ask 'what is that smell, smells like rotting fruit'. He opens up the bag and low and behold-this pristine Nikon FM 35mm film camera comes out. Then as I start playing around with it, he produces a few more lenses with it (CIMKO brand, which aren't the best apparently). But everything is in mint condition! I really want to take them out and put them to good use - BUT the G/F's father would love a DLR. So I'm half tempted to sell it for him and then get him a Canon. I really am torn between using it and selling it for him. I took it to a camera shop here in the states to make sure it was working etc and see if it needed anything replaced. The guy found the price sticker still on it, and said its probably only ever seen less then 10 rolls of film.(Not sure how he came to that conclusion, but he was amazed)

So I've not got a
    Nikon FM Chrome
    Nikkor 50mm 1:1.8
    Cimko Mt Series 80-200mm 1:4.5
    Cimko Mt Series 28mm 1:2.8 Wide Angle
    Pentax Phase2 135mm 1:2.8
    Tamron 2x Teleconverter

What to do....what to do!!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

What to do....what to do!!

Take some photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

You could just use it for a couple of weeks and then sell it on?
    How much would it all be worth anyway? You could always hold on to it for yourself and pick up a used 300d for him or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

Tbh thats what I was thinking of doing-I'd love to play around with it, as a Canon Ae-1 that I had a few months ago broke on me during my first roll. I had one of the tiny plastic cogs break off on me and seize up the inner wheels.

I really want to get him a DSLR as he's playing around with my Xsi non stop. He loves the autofocus aspect as his eyesights getting worse. I'll try it out and play around with the Nikon (even though I'm a canon-fan-boy) and see what results I get. I love just having different available lenses handy-makes me want to go out and buy more for my canon, but just can't afford any!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

The FM isn't really a particularly valuable camera unfortunately. They typically go (just checking EBay) for about €100 or so by the looks of things.

Never heard of 'cimko' before, but again looking on EBay they seem to go for next to nothing. There's a BIN for that 80->200 in K mount for £14.50.

Personally I'd keep them and use them. The FM is a nice camera.

Advertisement