Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Referee stabs player in Brazilian amateur game.

• 25-08-2010 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭

Yahoo wrote:
    Police in north eastern Brazil are searching for a referee after a player was stabbed to death during an amateur football match in Barreira in Ceara state.

A spokesman for the Ceara state military police said referee Francisco Chaves had killed Jose da Silva, 35, and injured his brother Francisco in a fight, after whistling for a foul against the visiting Boa-Fe (good faith) team from Redencao (redemption), and then fled the scene.

Major Marcos Paulo said Francisco da Silva kicked the referee after he blew up for the foul near the Boa-Fe penalty area, sparking the fight, and Jose da Silva went to his brother's aid only to be stabbed in the chest and killed.

"Because it was an amateur game, there was no policing so the referee fled after the crime," Paulo said.

"We've already made some searches for him and received information that he might hand himself in today but for now he's a fugitive."

Francisco da Silva was in hospital with knife wounds in his ribs.

Local media said the dead man, Jose da Silva, was a security guard in Redencao.

Holy shít, that might change a few minds about playing in Brazil.

Source

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Looper. Get him in the premiership.
    DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Holy shít, that might change a few minds about playing in Brazil.

It's always been my dream to local league football in Brazil. This has put me right off tbh.
    :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Looper. Get him in the premiership.

It's always been my dream to local league football in Brazil. This has put me right off tbh.
    :P
    racist.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Matters were made worse when the ref saw a replay and realised it wasn't a dive he booked him for

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Matters were made worse when the ref saw a replay and realised it wasn't a dive he booked him for

When the ref stabbed him he went down like he had been shot, amateur is right, amateur dramatics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Lads a man has been stabbed to death in a game of soccer, It's not AH, don't think the jokes are all that necessary.

• Advertisement

Lads a man has been stabbed to death in a game of soccer, It's not AH, don't think the jokes are all that necessary.

I get what you mean but in my opinion (Just mine now) me being sad on an internet forum in a completely different country to the whole incident, isn't going to upset the family, add in the fact I don't know the guy. Don't get me wrong its by no means a happy occasion but I don't see what posting RIP etc, are going to do.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I get what you mean but in my opinion (Just mine now) me being sad on an internet forum in a completely different country to the whole incident, isn't going to upset the family, add in the fact I don't know the guy. Don't get me wrong its by no means a happy occasion but I don't see what posting RIP etc, are going to do.
    I don't even know how to reply to that, that's just ignorance of the highest order tbh.

Just because you don't know them, and they are in a different country, it's alright to make jokes about there death??

Shocking.

I don't even know how to reply to that, that's just ignorance of the highest order tbh.

Just because you don't know them, and they are in a different country, it's alright to laugh at there death??

Shocking.

I didn't laugh at his death so get down off that high horse there. I said its sad that he died, like it would be when anyone dies, but everyone dies I don't believe in getting upset about it.

I didn't laugh at his death so get down off that high horse there. I said its sad that he died, like it would be when anyone dies, but everyone dies I don't believe in getting upset about it.
    I don't see the difference between laughing at it, and making a joke out of it, in fact i think making a joke out of it is worse, Sorry, i'll edit my post for you.

You don't get upset about people dying, at all? even relatives?

I get a little bit upset yeah but nothing really. My grandad died and I didn't get upset about it call it unemotional or just being a tw*t but everyone is going to die. Why get upset about it?

• Advertisement

I get a little bit upset yeah but nothing really. My grandad died and I didn't get upset about it call it unemotional or just being a tw*t but everyone is going to die. Why get upset about it?
    I give up, I am actually shocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

It's sad alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Ye just read this this mornign too, i must say i'm not that surprised, Brazilian football is a complete shambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Did he have the knife on him or what did he use!!?

Madness

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Gillington wrote: »
    Did he have the knife on him or what did he use!!?

Madness

I find this a bit odd myself.

He just couldn't have been refing a match while carrying a knife on him could he?

Maybe something was handed to him when the fighting broke out.

Advertisement