Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sad day for anime

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I loved how he mindfcuked me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,869 ✭✭✭Rawr

RIP Satoshi Kon.

Perfect Blue was one of the few times in modern cinema where I actually hadn't a clue what was coming next. (In most films and productions you can already guess where a story is probably going...but not this guys classic stuff).

Excellent talent. Will be missed, but never forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Goddamnit, crappy news to wake up to :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

****. That's extremely sad. The man was an incredible director, shocking he died so young. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

I was gutted when I heard the news yesterday. He was a great inspiration and loved him for his surreal art. He will be missed. RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

This is what happens after an extended period of mind****ing the world. He probably died of exhaustion.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

One of my favourite directors, not just anime.

Real great loss. He would have had years and years of more brilliant ideas in him.

Hope the project he's been working on for the past 2 years gets handled sensibly now and not ruined.

I'm having flashbacks to Battle Royale 2 here...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Here's a translation of Satoshi's last words, It's rather long, so I'm yet to read it all.

http://www.makikoitoh.com/journal/satoshi-kons-last-words

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Got to this bit "and I'd been going to an acupuncturist and a chiropractor, but I wasn't getting any better"

****ing quacks strike again!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

that is a massive loss for the industry. he was a great director and perfect blue is a true classic. whenever i try to explain anime to someone who thinks its all kids stuff and featuring ninjas and demons i show them perfect blue.

RIP Satoshi Kon:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Holy crap just read this, absolutely gutted :(

Man was one of the most talented individuals working in cinema today. No hyperbole: his sense of visual imagination particularly was out of this world.

Pretty shocked, RIP Satoshi.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭wataru

Terrible. Ive been on his imdb page so much lately but after hearing that he had a new film in production I did'nt think to check for deceased date.

Lets hope The Dreaming Machine is a good tribute to him.

Very excited at the possible connections to Paprika.

RIP Satoshi. X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 vincomgo

what's happen? How everything go on:-s So sad to hear that=.=

Advertisement