Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you be in college and do a LC exam ?

• 25-08-2010 2:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering this because I want to apply to England for Physio, but need to take up chem to meet certain colleges requirements! I have already repeated so don't want to rerepeat everything to do this , so I've accepted the course I was offered through the CAO and want to take up Chem by myself (and get a few grinds), apply to UCAS, and do the exam in June !

Possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I'm wondering this because I want to apply to England for Physio, but need to take up chem to meet certain colleges requirements! I have already repeated so don't want to rerepeat everything to do this , so I've accepted the course I was offered through the CAO and want to take up Chem by myself (and get a few grinds), apply to UCAS, and do the exam in June !

Possible?

Yup! You just need to find a school to sit the exam in. They'll be able to sort out the majority of the work for you

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Craguls wrote: »
    Yup! You just need to find a school to sit the exam in. They'll be able to sort out the majority of the work for you

Aw unreal!!! Thanks :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You should apply to the SEC to be an external candidate.
    http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=ec
    Do this before the end of January or there will be a late fee. They will assign you a centre if you have not expressed a preference.

Unless you are a pupil of a school it is unlikely they will handle the application. Do it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Indeed you can, we had about 20 externals doing maths this year and 12 or so doing Irish. Quite common in fact.

Advertisement