Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do i go from here

• 25-08-2010 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

NO CAO Offers :mad::(
    No Vacant Places :(
    No PLC courses are getting in contact after i ring them and apply :(

please tell me i am not the only one like this :(

i have 340 points in the LC i am rechecking everything
    i want soooo badly 375 points !!!! for ARTS maynooth is it humanly possible to go up 35 points in the recheck (bear in mind i got a E in french and i cant count that so even if i went up to a D3 i would add on 20 extra points and count french instead of C2 ordinary level maths)

and lets say i do go up 35 points do i even get my first choice cause dnt the results of the recheck come out in october?????

i mean y has my life gone so fudged up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

How did you get an E in French??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Niche market

liamo22 wrote: »
    NO CAO Offers :mad::(
    No Vacant Places :(
    No PLC courses are getting in contact after i ring them and apply :(

please tell me i am not the only one like this :(

i have 340 points in the LC i am rechecking everything
    i want soooo badly 375 points !!!! for ARTS maynooth is it humanly possible to go up 35 points in the recheck (bear in mind i got a E in french and i cant count that so even if i went up to a D3 i would add on 20 extra points and count french instead of C2 ordinary level maths)

and lets say i do go up 35 points do i even get my first choice cause dnt the results of the recheck come out in october?????

i mean y has my life gone so fudged up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(

First of all is not the end of the world... it may seem a bit depressing at the moment but try not to panic
    I didnt get any cao offers either due to my E in maths :mad: which is definetly BEING APPEALED btw) but luckily i do have a plc to go to thank god :rolleyes: anyway, if your appeal brings you up to your required points and if there are still places left on the course they can offer it to you.. even if its half way through october... besides there are still 2nd round offers to go! oh and keep trying plc colleges u never know, someone may drop out leaving a free spot ;)
    best of luck! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I wouldn't hold out too much hope for going up that much in the rechecks. It's unlikely that all of your subjects were corrected badly, so there's no point spending over 200 euro to get everything rechecked. Just go look at your papers and see if there's anything worth rechecking. If a French teacher is around get them to go through your paper with you as well.

If you do get moved up in the appeals you'll be offered your first choice, either right away or there'll be a place reserved for you on next years course.

But realistically, I can't see you moving up enough in the appeals to get it. Keep an eye on the vacant places list, keep on at the PLC providers, and may also want to seriously consider repeating. Speaking as someone who repeated last year, it's not that bad and the year flies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Far too early to look for vacant places. They're only put up after all rounds of offers have been made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

The vacant places list is up already ... in fact, it was already up before the offers came out for a few courses which didn't have enough applications, even assuming that every one who applied not the min. requirements and took up their offer.

However, there are likely to be additional courses added in the next couple of weeks. Probably not that many this year though, given the high rate of applications overall.

Also bear in mind that some places advertised are for private fee-paying colleges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

what kind of plc do you want to get,Im looking for some and there is places left but you need to apply asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

Dude my course went up by 60 points..

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

thanks for all the help and advice !!

i hope to get into Arts in maynooth so i want a PLCcourse that will get me into that !! if there even is such a thing ! :(

i dunno :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

liamo22 wrote: »
    i hope to get into Arts in maynooth so i want a PLCcourse that will get me into that !! if there even is such a thing ! :(
    They certainly take people from PLCs / FETAC courses ... see here.

You're going to have to do a bit of research to find a PLC near you which covers what you need though.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

You could repeat, its not the end of the world . :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement