Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo: Reach Launch Event. Play against celebs(ish)

• 25-08-2010 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Original post here

That's the challenge that has been issued by Microsoft. The Squad will consist of Irish rugby star Jamie Heaslip, DJ Steven Cooper, TV presenter Baz Ashmawy and a mystery fourth celebrity who will be jetting in to complete the line up that will be playing at the Halo: Reach launch event which will take place in Dublin City Centre on September 14th.

Reach_E310_Campaign02.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1282657267942

Eight teams of four will be needed to take on the celebrities so here's where you fit in. If you are over 18 and have a team of four people who know their way around Halos multiplayer then shoot an email off to haloreach@edelman.com.

Include the name of each member of your team as well as a reason why you think you should be chosen to take on the Elite Spartan Squad in Dublin this September 14th.

If you're in anyway decent at Halo or just want to hang around with some minor celebrities it might be worth entering. MS normally have some nice prizes at these things :rolleyes:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i remember beating mcguyvar in halo 3 :)
    good times

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Jazzy wrote: »
    i remember beating mcguyvar in halo 3 :)
    good times

No one ever beats MacGyver.

Kiith wrote: »
    No one ever beats MacGyver.

god bless him. the old dude tried but he just wasnt any use :p (secretly in my head I was thinking: "this will be the only chance I ever have to maul MacGuyver in a video game, give him hell")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Actually, I've been in touch with the PR people running this event and they've given me the go-ahead to organise a 4 player Boards.ie Team to enter the competition!

I'll be posting details in the next couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Dav wrote: »
    Actually, I've been in touch with the PR people running this event and they've given me the go-ahead to organise a 4 player Boards.ie Team to enter the competition!

I'll be posting details in the next couple of days.

you should narrow it down to people who post in the Halo forum ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Korvanica wrote: »

RACIST!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I'll be keeping an eye out dav :D

Anyone else wanna partner up and get a second boards team going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

dreamers75 wrote: »
    RACIST!!!!

Halo players are a race?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

allanb49 wrote: »
    I'll be keeping an eye out dav :D

Anyone else wanna partner up and get a second boards team going?

I'd be up for it :)
    Halo players are a race?

Have you ever seen any? They just don't look right... ;)

Also, I'm a big fan of rugby so I know who Heaslip is. But who the hell are Steven Cooper and Baz Ashmawy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭feckhead

I don't actually know hehe.

I'm sure someone out there knows who they are.

Teferi wrote: »
    I'd be up for it :)

Have you ever seen any? They just don't look right... ;)

Wanna get a game going saturday so?

Im up for a bit of Halo, to get me back into the flow of it before reach... WOnt be online over the weekend.. next week though..

I have my final exam on Sat so heading down to Wexford with a few lads to celebrate (no homo). I'm available from Monday onwards though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Korvanica wrote: »

Couldn't agree more. I don't post there, so this rule would exclude me (and I do like Halo, quite a bit in fact), but if you want the people who win this to appreciate it as much as possible, limit it to Halo fans. I think it's only fair. And the hardcore fans will be those who post in that forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I'm not too good at Halo, but I'd love to get involved!

Well leave the halo big boys to tough it out, i'd say 3 of us from here will do a good job at causing some damage :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Teferi wrote: »
    Also, I'm a big fan of rugby so I know who Heaslip is. But who the hell are Steven Cooper and Baz Ashmawy?

Isn't he the guy that was in that really annoying ad that was on Boards for ages? The one where he was waving and telling you to get out more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

Orim wrote: »
    Isn't he the guy that was in that really annoying ad that was on Boards for ages? The one where he was waving and telling you to get out more?

Baz is the guy from how low can you go on RTE and also Celebrity Bainisteoir Steven cooper is on 98FM in Dublin and also DJ's around the country

And they mystery 4th celeb is Idris Elba, star of "The Wire". Source.

• Advertisement

Who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

He's actually the one I'd like to meet the most. I thought he was good in the Wire :D

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

Who?
    You know, Allanb49, you gotta think about what we got in this game for, man. Huh? Was it the rep? Was it so our names could ring out on some fucking Dublin streetcorner, man? Naw, man. There's games beyond the fucking game.

Lock that door.

Yeah I dont know him myself, but I've been informed that he is great in The Wire. English dude playing a New Yorker.

He's also in The Losers and will be in the new Thor film.

ive got it :D

totally going to play through it and ruin it for you guys by posting spoilers. thats what you get for worshipping such an average game. if ya'll played quake or starcraft you would be forgiven. :p

its pretty much the same, faster tho. ill give a more thorough report tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Jazzy wrote: »
    ive got it :D

totally going to play through it and ruin it for you guys by posting spoilers. thats what you get for worshipping such an average game. if ya'll played quake or starcraft you would be forgiven. :p

its pretty much the same, faster tho. ill give a more thorough report tonight
    Average? AVERAGE?!

*beat down*

Seriously, this game better be epic. My hopes are as high as possible right now

I've never seen the wire :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

He's also in a great BBC series called Luther.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,655 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Playing Halo with a guy from the Wire = win.

• Advertisement

It would be too awesome, when are ye deciding on who is going? You should do so soonish so whoever is going can have a few games of halo 3 together to warm up etc.. :D

Advertisement