Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost data connection!

Options
  • 25-08-2010 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

Hi, would really appreciate some help with this. Got a Galaxy S on Meteor smart plan last week. Unfortunately, as of yesterday I dont have any data connection! I cant access internet etc, which is very annoying. Just wondering if anyone has any clue why this is, or what settings might be off? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Call meteor on 1905 just to make sure everything is enabled with your account and your apn settings are correct

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

you can call them and ask them to send the mobile data setting if not present...you can also do this by logging in on their site and doing it yourself...save settings and restart the phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭the goon

Hi, rang them and unfortunately they don't have the settings yet for Galaxy S. I tried to get them myself last night off website but as stated, not available. Anyone have any suggestions?

ah this happened to me before...bought hd2 and they did not have the settings for them and none of them had a clue how to do it...gave them loads of abuse and left...

not sure about samsung but my android 2.2 get settings auto

======================================================================================================

read this post for settings to set it up manualy...

just go to settings -> wireless & networks -> mobile networks -> access point names -> press enable data (then press access point names) if there is no setting press menu key for options press add new APN...then enter details from the link above

gl

kinda fecked up meteor doesnt have setting for galaxy when they sell it.

Hi thanks for the help, but still no joy. Sick of it now:confused:

• Advertisement

the goon wrote: »
    Hi thanks for the help, but still no joy. Sick of it now:confused:

bring it back and ask for a refund or replacement if they dont fix it...and dont take crap from them cause they will try to set you off...

they will try helping ya once they will hear the word REFUND

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

the goon wrote: »
    Hi, rang them and unfortunately they don't have the settings yet for Galaxy S. I tried to get them myself last night off website but as stated, not available. Anyone have any suggestions?

You got the phone of Meteor andf THEY don't have data settings for it...LOL (not at you OP)

I know! its very frustrating.

Advertisement