Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night-time work on Dart line

Options
  • 25-08-2010 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Anyone know what is going on with the night-time work on the dart-line between Clontarf and Killester? Its been going on for weeks now and I'm really getting sick of not getting any sort of decent night's sleep because of it.
    It starts at about 12.30 and goes on til at least 4.30am with really loud trucks, diggers etc. And last night they had also set up really bright lights presumably so they could see what they were doing, but they lit up my whole bedroom as well!
    I've tried googling it and going on Irish Rails website but there doesn't seem to be any info on why/what they're working on. Anyone know anything about it and when it might stop?! Seriously tired and fed up today. :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Call them and ask :)
    Dublin
    Divisional Engineer’s Office
    Iarnród Éireann
    Pearse Station
    Westland Row, Dublin 2
    Tel: 01 7033651
    Fax: 01 7033591

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

It's probably the signalling upgrade work.

Details on the website: http://irishrail.ie/projects/city_centre_resignalling.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Graface

Oh sounds like that's what it is alright! Hopefully will be able to find out when they're likely to finish up now. Thanks guys!

Advertisement