Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mervue astro cages- want a game tonight?

Options
  • 25-08-2010 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    There's a group of us booked one of the cages in Mervue for the 7:15-8:15pm slot for Wednesdays.
    We only have 7 players for tonight; 10 is the ideal number, 12 managable.
    Let me know if you're interested in playing.

It's just a kickaround amongst some work colleagues/a bit of fun so your skill level isn't important.

Cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

I'd be up for this, I am helping a friend move though so not certain if I can make it but I'l try... pm me your number and I will let you know later if I can make it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

God dammit. Just read it now. I live beside the pitches.

Great craic down there last night, thanks Pa... I'm wrecked after it though. Probably didn't help that I spent the next couple of hours running up and down stairs with boxes... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Cheers for playing.
    If we need numbers I'll post a message in this thread on Mon or Tues. So for anyone interest maybe just subscribe to the thread with instant e-mail notification.
    Pa

Hi,
    If anyone is interested in playing tomorrow- WEDNESDAY, 1ST SEPT let me know. We have 7 so far, pitch can fit 12.
    Mervue cages, €5 each (ess if we have more than 8 players)
    Cheers,
    Pa.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuctifino

Subscribed.. for next week

I can still feel it after last week! and had a bit of an accident over the wekend but I might be able to make it, I'l confirm tomorrow.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    If anyone is interested in playing tomorrow- WEDNESDAY, 1ST SEPT let me know. We have 7 so far, pitch can fit 12.
    Mervue cages, €5 each (ess if we have more than 8 players)
    Cheers,
    Pa.
    I'll come along. Sending a PM.

I'm very unfit, haven't played in a couple of years, so don't expect much.

There might be a lot of standing in goal involved. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuctifino

I'll come along. Sending a PM.

I'm very unfit, haven't played in a couple of years, so don't expect much.

There might be a lot of standing in goal involved. :rolleyes:

Well make sure your fit for next week, that's my resident spot :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Cathal O

sorry but where are these cages...are they in walkin distance of eyre square or corrib village, i may be interested in a few weeks after i move down to colaiste

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Cathal O wrote: »
    sorry but where are these cages...are they in walkin distance of eyre square or corrib village, i may be interested in a few weeks after i move down to colaiste

http://maps.google.ie/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Renmore,+Galway&sll=31.891616,15.840409&sspn=138.013795,68.554687&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Renmore,+County+Galway&t=h&ll=53.282099,-9.020312&spn=0.003849,0.013078&z=17

Not going to be able to make it I'm afraid:(, I should be fine for next week though.

Fuctifino wrote: »
    Well make sure your fit for next week, that's my resident spot :cool:
    Fat chance of that happening [Pun intended]

• Registered Users Posts: 24 adrndmond

I'd like to give this a go if theres still a spot free for tonight. Been meaning to get back into the footy for a while now, so might as well give it a bash. PM sent

We're full for tonight- thanks to everyone who replied.
    I'll update thread next week again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ClintDempsey

Can I play next week?

Thanks for the game tonight dinneenp and co.

Didn't make too much of a fool of myself :D

I'm up for a game next week again for sure, if I'm not taking anyone's spot.

I'm up for a game next week again for sure, if I'm not taking anyone's spot.

@Civis_Liberalis & Clint Dempsey- I'll update this post again next week if we're short.
    Cheers,
    Pa.

If there are any last minute absentees, you can give me a call as I live beside the pitches.

PM Sent.

Anyone else with a game tonight? Really want a game.

WEDNESDAY 15TH
    2 free slots at the moment....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 adrndmond

PM sent there dineenp. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭moikey

Hey dineenp have you the contact details for Mervue cages? can you just turn up and pay will there be someone there?

moikey wrote: »
    Hey dineenp have you the contact details for Mervue cages? can you just turn up and pay will there be someone there?

Do I mean turn up to play with my group or in general?
    771 609 is the ph no.
    For my group people can reply to d thread and I'll reply yo them to say if there's space for them or if we gave enough. It's a fiver a man when we play.

If u mean play with it own group u can turn up but the 3 pitches will more than likely be booked. The regular teams are going to start using the astro cag pitches soon so there'll be een less availability.
    Ur nest bet it to phone and see van u book a slot.
    Corinthans have astro pitch that I can rent too

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭moikey

Do I mean turn up to play with my group or in general?
    771 609 is the ph no.
    For my group people can reply to d thread and I'll reply yo them to say if there's space for them or if we gave enough. It's a fiver a man when we play.

If u mean play with it own group u can turn up but the 3 pitches will more than likely be booked. The regular teams are going to start using the astro cag pitches soon so there'll be een less availability.
    Ur nest bet it to phone and see van u book a slot.
    Corinthans have astro pitch that I can rent too

Yes I mean as in my own group was thinking we could head up from college during the day when its not busy without booking and just pay there.

WEDNESDAY 15TH
    2 free slots at the moment....
    I'll be there if there's still a free slot.

I'll be there if there's still a free slot.

Hi. You're in. We're full for this week so.
    Cheers to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Hey guys if your stuck for players next week Id give this a shot, my skills are rusty but sure i was always good for makin up the numbers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rubbocca

We took part in the 6 a side astro league last night on the astro pitch in Mervue. The pitch was an absolute disgrace. It is basically a hockey pitch with a bit of sand thrown on top of it! It is impossible to turn without ending up on your arse! There is no grip at all! Is the pitch always in such terrible condition or were we just unlucky last night?

rubbocca wrote: »
    We took part in the 6 a side astro league last night on the astro pitch in Mervue. The pitch was an absolute disgrace. It is basically a hockey pitch with a bit of sand thrown on top of it! It is impossible to turn without ending up on your arse! There is no grip at all! Is the pitch always in such terrible condition or were we just unlucky last night?

The main pitch is awful I think too. We play in the cages- the surface is different, not as quick, more like grass.
    We used to play astro games on the main pitch and ended up requesting to play in Corinthians instead (better pitch).
    The Mervue main pitch is too quick, not enough sand or texture/depth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rubbocca

so it has always been that bad then? I was hopng it was a recent development and they were planning on improving it some way! it really is impossible to play on and after the money we spent on an 18 game league it is v disappointing!

Advertisement