Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there a list?

Options
  • 25-08-2010 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Maybe I am mad but is there no list on one of these kind of sites, with people looking to trace, where they could put up the year of adoption, sex, date of birth, etc.

Or would that be silly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Have you looked into the national adoption contact preference register? There was a list as you describe on the adopted peoples association yahoo page (am I remembering correctly - anyone??), I'm not sure if it is still active. I cant link, as my mobile broadband is painfully slow, but you could find it through google in a few seconds. Barnardos have a decent information page on it, and it is run through the adoption board (now residing at a new address under the adoption authority of Ireland).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Mammyof2

thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

If you are starting out on a search you should check out the adoption ireland trace guides on the homepage here.

Advertisement