Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't you search PI

Options
  • 25-08-2010 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering why can't you perform a search through PI? I think it would be really helpful because I only got a couple of replies to my post, but I'm sure other people have posted similar problems and I'd love to read the advice that was given. I've tried searching with my proper login too but it's just not an option for some reason?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It is excluded for search to respect what people have posted there.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Unfortunately it's all still searchable via google because they won't stop endlessly data-mining and selling our information to the highest bidder.

The only way around that would be to make the forum private, only viewable with a login, but that would prohibit anonymous posting. Catch 22.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Most people who use boards will use the site search very few will bother to use google to search.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

Oh really?
    >Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
    The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search >
    Thanks for the helpful response or not or maybe if.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Most people who use boards will use the site search very few will bother to use google to search.
    Im often blind to how much of a geek i am :(:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

And now you can't search the Ladies' Lounge. What about past threads that people would like to refer to?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Really? I suspect that's as a result of allowing unregged posts in the forum. Like the way it temporarily dropped off the drop down menu. The database has to rejig(technospeak there). I'll ask though.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Use google. It gets around the search function fairly well, or used to anyway.

Advertisement