Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Fin boxes

Options
  • 25-08-2010 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hello ,
    Can anyone give me some advice on this ?
    I have a 'take-off' board (mark 1) that's a few years old , its in ok condition but I can't find replacement fins after extensive searching and contacting the manufacturer, they don't make them anymore as they now use fcs.
    The board is epoxy.
    The fins are ok for now but are a bit worn ,
    I'm wondering should I try and change the fin box to fcs now to prevent trouble in the future .(the current fin box is just a 'take-off' so I don't think there is compatible fins).
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Pirlo

Thanks loctite,
    Yeah I was thinking that alright,
    I had already tried buying them from that shop but they actually don't have them, i'm surprised the link is still up . Same with another shop (link up but no fins).
    Thanks anyway though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jmartin

Something like this adaptor might work for you if you want to switch to fcs fins without swapping the fin boxes:

http://www.sortedsurfshop.co.uk/products.asp?pid=190

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

That adaptor looks like it is for a longboard box (6"), these fins look like mini longboard boxes (prob 4")

This might be stating the obvious but did you try contacting the manufacturer to see if they could supply them or at least let you know where to get them??

Worth a try.

Tel: +44 (0) 1208 78845 Line 1
    Tel: +44 (0) 1208 78322 Line 2

info@takeoffsurfboards.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Pirlo

Thanks for the replies.

I had already contacted the manufacturer's and they have none .

The adaptor looks like an option alright , I'll look at that .

The board is still working fine so no need to change anything immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Try contacting http://www.seven-surfboards.com/ in kerry they used to use small side biters on the Chapet pop outs that were almost the same, they might have a source

Advertisement