Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

creche tax allowance?

• 25-08-2010 11:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Can you claim any tax back for having to pay creche fees or is there any such support for working parents from our beloved government? Or maybe i should hang my head in shame for even asking as its not like i'm a banker or developer :rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I wish we could but no,there is no support from the government towards creche fees for most people.

For people on social welfare there is help to send kids to community creches in the form of the subvention scheme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

:(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That sums up many peoples exact feelings on the subject

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

in this country its a crime to be married and have kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭alibride

i know how frustrating it is - i send my lo to a community creche as i work full time, its 35 a day - but the lady said if i was on benefits id get it alot cheaper!!
    if i was at home why would i need to send him to creche????? very strange

i wish we could get some percentage back as with no 2 on the way most of my wages are going to creche!!!

• Advertisement

ani_mal wrote: »
    in this country its a crime to be married and have kids.

Not quite,but it is to be co-habiting and have kids.

alibride wrote: »
    i know how frustrating it is - i send my lo to a community creche as i work full time, its 35 a day - but the lady said if i was on benefits id get it alot cheaper!!
    if i was at home why would i need to send him to creche????? very strange

i wish we could get some percentage back as with no 2 on the way most of my wages are going to creche!!!

35 euro a day is good

Yes,you would qualify for subvention.Which fall under category a,b and c.
    It is there to facilitate people on btea,single parents,those receiving fis etc.
    It works well for those working/studying/on low incomes and does go some way to helping people out of the poverty trap but unfortunately you do not need to be partaking in work or study to qualify for the maximum amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

does anybody know where I can find out about community creches. I'd love to go back to work but creches cost a fortune where I live (same everywhere though)

Your local childcare committee will have a list of them.

The only one that I am very familiar with is www.bccg.ie ,it is in Balbriggan.

From this year,there is a new scheme but off hand I have forgotten everything about it so will get back to you.

Advertisement