Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cao Password

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Finical wrote: »
    I didn't get an email...wtf?

Me neither. But, that's because I never had a password. Did you have one? If you didn't, you're not going to get an email about it. I emailed them and asked them about getting a password. It says on their website that it is not necessary to have one, but it is recommended for security reasons. If you don't have one, just send them an email about getting one if you're worried. I just did it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Me neither. But, that's because I never had a password. Did you have one? If you didn't, you're not going to get an email about it. I emailed them and asked them about getting a password. It says on their website that it is not necessary to have one, but it is recommended for security reasons. If you don't have one, just send them an email about getting one if you're worried. I just did it! :)
    Cheers man. Yeah I had my own password, I logged in now and changed it again. I'll give them an email now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Lawliet wrote: »
    The CAO should have sent you a password, check your email and if you didn't get one contact the CAO about it.
    CAO dont give you a password, only the *company* that deals with the results on examinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I never had a password but I got emailed one out today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Dear Mr xxxxxxxxxx,

Today, Wednesday 25th August, the 'forgot password' facility on the CAO website
    was subject to a malicious attack. From 1am the attack caused the system to
    automatically issue new account passwords to applicants by email.

We would like to reassure you that no application accounts were accessed and
    that the new passwords received from the CAO today were safe and secure.

As an extra security measure we have decided to clear all passwords from the
    system and to issue you with a new password which you should use from now.

We will be in touch with you again, and issue a statement in the media if there
    is any update to this matter.

Again, we apologise sincerely for any inconvenience and thank you for your
    patience and understanding as we manage these malicious attacks.

Maybe they were attacked after all then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

My password was changed.. I tried to sign in with the password they sent me.. And it says it's wrong? Lmao.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Messi 10

I never had a password but I got emailed a new noe today but when I tried logging in with this new password it won't work for me. It just says my password is incorrect.

I'm not majorly worried because I've already accepted my course but I just wanted to log in again to make sure everything was alright.

Did this happen anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RocketFalls

I managed to sign in with my old password. Puzzling. Are they only issuing new codes for profiles that may have been tampered with?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭STBR

Anyone know if the passwords are hashed?

Nothing would surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

i havent got an email eithe rbut im not really bothered.I don't need the cao anymore!!!I've already accepted my course an gotten the confirmation email and text so theres nothing I need the cao for anymore!!!.......is there???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

I thought I was after being hacked when I got the email, I thought all my password protected stuff were gone-ers!:S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 rollerball

Went to log in and accept my CAO offer but now my password is incorrect. Have received no email from the CAO. HELP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ummtea

The CAO and their internet security peeps better sort it out, I have to use my account next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

I got 2 emails from the CAO.The first saying my password was changed and the second saying it was changed again because of malicious attacks.Now I don't know what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

ummtea wrote: »
    The CAO and their internet security peeps better sort it out, I have to use my account next year...
    You can't use your account from this year anyway, in a couple of months you wont be able to log in and you'll have to register again.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

JohnnyQuid wrote: »
    I got 2 emails from the CAO.The first saying my password was changed and the second saying it was changed again because of malicious attacks.Now I don't know what's going on.

There was two attacks, one on Monday and one today, which is why they would change it twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I find it had to believe there was a denial of service attack and you could still get on the website (even if it was just to get a 'maintenance' message.) :rolleyes:
    I'm not the most techie of people, but as I understand it such messages are often hosted on a different site / server, and the URL set to redirect.

When Boards was attacked early this year, those trying to access the site were re-directed to a page which gave basic information about what was going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Ha! Mine just got changed again! wtf like??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

I'm not the most techie of people, but as I understand it such messages are often hosted on a different site / server, and the URL set to redirect.

When Boards was attacked early this year, those trying to access the site were re-directed to a page which gave basic information about what was going on.

I only made the comment because while I'm not a techie myself, my boyfriend is (he's a computer technician), and he said he found it very strange. He didn't see the message himself, mind you, so he wouldn't really be able to tell.

But as I said, I wouldn't know myself. It was a bit strange.

All I can say is that I found it pretty funny that my friends on facebook were claiming it was a virus! :p

Once you accept the course, is there any reason you'd need to access your account again? I haven't checked the password I was given because I can't think of a reason why I'd need to log in now :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I only made the comment because while I'm not a techie myself, my boyfriend is (he's a computer technician), and he said he found it very strange. He didn't see the message himself, mind you, so he wouldn't really be able to tell.

But as I said, I wouldn't know myself. It was a bit strange.

All I can say is that I found it pretty funny that my friends on facebook were claiming it was a virus! :p

Once you accept the course, is there any reason you'd need to access your account again? I haven't checked the password I was given because I can't think of a reason why I'd need to log in now :confused:
    I doubt you'd need to access it again if you've accepted an offer but some people might be waiting for an offer in 2nd round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

There shouldn't be, really, that I can think of anyway ... anyone?

(I'm assuming that you're happy with the course you've accepted, rather than waiting in hope of a better offer in Round 2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭angelxx

Just recieved another email from the cao confirming they were subject to a malicious attack again and issued another password.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

ya i just got a new password last night and they said what you guys said anyway

Advertisement