Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singapore Stopover

Options
  • 25-08-2010 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hey,

Finally booking flights to NZ. Thinking of doing 2day stopover in Singapore.

Singapore airlines seem to do really cheap hotel and transfers. 60 twin room first night 100 for second night. Anyone done a stopover through them.

Is it worth it?

Thanks,

Mac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I did one a few years ago and it was really good and great value.

The hotels were really nice, and the free tours were really good. The orchid garden (I think that was what it was called) was beautiful and worth look.

Its not on the singapore stop over, but you can catch a bus to Changi (where the prison used to be), catch a boat to one of the islands and go mountain biking for a day. Finish up with fresh coconut juice before heading back!

Thinking about doing it again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mac_09

Thats great! Thanks for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

Highly recommend this...it will make a big difference to the journey.

You feel pretty dam crap after 24-28 hours in a cramped plane flying London-Auckland with just one or two stops.

Having a break in during the mammoth journey somewhere nice makes a huge difference and much more manageable...Singapore is cool, also consider Thailand or Phillapenes as stop overs, I will never do the whole journey again without breaks!

Advertisement