Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think of mini bikini?

Options
  • 25-08-2010 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Was thinking of getting a mini bikini for holidays in Spain. Good or bad idea? Are they in fashion there yet? Does anyone know? Maybe you have any suggestions for a nice mini bikini?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Never heard of these before but on google they look like thongs for your vagina...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lil_missy

Never heard of these before but on google they look like thongs for your vagina...:eek:

Yeah, the panties are like a thong, you can get them in like a g-string also. And the top part covers mainly just the nipples.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

They do look like a vagina thong! :eek: Why would you actually wanna wear one? I can't imagine that'd be comfortable at all, physically and... well, I'd just be so self conscious. I was on holiday in Spain last week and didn't see anyone wearing one of these.

Novella wrote: »
    They do look like a vagina thong! :eek: Why would you actually wanna wear one? I can't imagine that'd be comfortable at all, physically and... well, I'd just be so self conscious. I was on holiday in Spain last week and didn't see anyone wearing one of these.

I wouldn't like to be the only one wearing that aswell. But i like the look of some of them. I was in Portugal recently and i've seen a few women wearing them. It suits some women..

There's one i like:
    W202-804main.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

um lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

If you've got the bod for it, then why not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Beonce

I really don't think I could do it myself!

Fair play to you though if you're comfortable enough to wear it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Larianne wrote: »
    If you've got the bod for it, then why not!

I'd say that about lil dresses, micro mini skirts, but that just looks tacky imo even at the beach. Fair enough lounging in your own garden/villa whatever. I'm by no means a prude but yeah no..

And that isn't a statement intended at the OP specifically just at the mini bikini lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

lil_missy wrote: »
    It suits some women..

Be honest, do you look like one of these women?

• Advertisement

grimloch wrote: »
    Be honest, do you look like one of these women?

I don't look like her but I'm happy with my body.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

depends on where you are going in Spain - if it's a party resort then you're fine as long as you are comfortable. If it's more family-oriented it might look a bit OTT. I don't think Spanish people will ever be wearing them though, bit too stripper style for your average Spanish girl, so I wouldn't worry about whether it's in fashion there or not.

Vinta81 wrote: »
    I'd say that about lil dresses, micro mini skirts, but that just looks tacky imo even at the beach. Fair enough lounging in your own garden/villa whatever. I'm by no means a prude but yeah no..

And that isn't a statement intended at the OP specifically just at the mini bikini lol.

Its holidays though. I'm topless most of them time on the beach anyway. The only difference would be that instead of wearing normal bottoms, i'd be wearing a thong.

lainey316 wrote: »
    depends on where you are going in Spain - if it's a party resort then you're fine as long as you are comfortable. If it's more family-oriented it might look a bit OTT. I don't think Spanish people will ever be wearing them though, bit too stripper style for your average Spanish girl, so I wouldn't worry about whether it's in fashion there or not.

Well, we'll be staying very close to a nudist beach so I think people will be very open minded ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I think it's a downmarket look. The trend in the south of France this year was a leaning towards the demure or even vintage. Cutouts are haute.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I don't look like her but I'm happy with my body.

Well I'm "happy with my body" but I certainly wouldn't trot off to Costa Del Sol with a pair of speedos in my suitcase.

If you've got the physique to pull something like that off, power to you. Go for it. If you're pale pasty and flabby, maybe not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Why not just go to the nudist beach & be done with it ?

Nudist beaches are great if you're comfortable with yourself. If you're adamant on getting one of those, look for a wicked willie brand ones, they're the brand leaders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Agree with Oldgoat, it is more a downmarket look. Would never buy one would never wear one.

I saw those things for sale somewhere one year, sure we had a laugh looking at them but for all that's in them the quality of em is crap cos they basically more so sell to go with clubwear for hols, they get used instead of your average bra & knickers/thong.

Use the rule of thumb most would have if they were trying out something out of the ordinary ... if it ent sold where they are on hols then it doesn't go lol

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Nudist looks less trashy than clothes sometimes. OP you seem determined to get one so as long as you are happy that is all that matters, imho don't get white or gold though or you'll look like an extra from a Snoop Dogg video. As long as there's a few decent nightclubs around the resort I'm sure you won;t be the only one wearing one.

iMax wrote: »
    Why not just go to the nudist beach & be done with it ?

Nudist beaches are great if you're comfortable with yourself. If you're adamant on getting one of those, look for a wicked willie brand ones, they're the brand leaders.

Thanks for the tip. And yes, I was planning to check out the nudy beach :P

• Advertisement

lainey316 wrote: »
    Nudist looks less trashy than clothes sometimes. OP you seem determined to get one so as long as you are happy that is all that matters, imho don't get white or gold though or you'll look like an extra from a Snoop Dogg video. As long as there's a few decent nightclubs around the resort I'm sure you won;t be the only one wearing one.

Snoop Dogg video... LOL. Thanks for the tip. Yeah, i'm kinda tempted to go for one, just sick of tje ordinary ones you know, wanna stand out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Hmm... i'm not sure tbh, i dont think anybody needs to see that much of a womans female region...
    Fair enough if your comfortable wearing one but i definately wouldnt :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 karl116

Again, this is not aimed at the OP, but a general comment on the bikini... I think it looks very trashy and slutty!

Less is not always more lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

I'm topless most of them time on the beach anyway

IBPOGTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

FruitLover wrote: »
    IBPOGTFO
    F&A not AH. Add to the thread or STFU.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

I googled them and ended up seeing far more than i wanted to, which i reckon could easily happen if you were wearing it on the beach and you moved or walked the wrong way. topless is 1 thing, but some of these bikini bottoms seemed almost indecent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

There's one i like:
    W202-804main.jpg

The top doesn't look that mini, but its hard to tell how mini the bottoms are since the models pose is all bent out of shape.:)

I don't think v-string thongs look good on anyone in real life, they only look good when you're striking a pose.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Oh God they're horrific. You might as well just go topless and save yourself the money. The top of the one you posted is fine though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Well, I'm answering this bearing in mind that you're posting in Fashion and Appearance.

Is it fashionable or classy? No. Is it trashy? Yes. You said you're only going to be wearing the bottom of it anyways - why not just wear a thong and be done with it?!

I assume your aim is to get an all-over tan, you'll get pretty much that if you wear one alright, and you'll get plenty of attention on the beach. But it certainly isn't a fashionable look if that's what you're asking!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭angelxx

Honestly they are very trashy, It is entirely possible to look demure and sexy at the same time. Sometimes it's nice to leave something to the imagination. I would suggest going to a nudist beach in preference to wearing one of those.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement