Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reception Question

Options
  • 25-08-2010 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anyway of finding out why certain areas seem to give bad reception.

The house has poor reception for both Vodaphone and Meteor, I don't know about the other networks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Comreg siteviewer: http://www.askcomreg.ie/mobile/siteviewer.273.LE.asp

You can find your nearest mast there. They're often bunched though so if you've poor reception on two of the networks, you'll likely have poor reception for all of them so it's down to the build of your house.

For example, there's a mast about 400m from my house with 3 operators on it. But I'm at the end of a terrace and the mast is on the far side. So reception is the centre of my house is blocked by the rest of the houses, but at either side of the house it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

seamus wrote: »
    Comreg siteviewer: http://www.askcomreg.ie/mobile/siteviewer.273.LE.asp

You can find your nearest mast there. They're often bunched though so if you've poor reception on two of the networks, you'll likely have poor reception for all of them so it's down to the build of your house.

For example, there's a mast about 400m from my house with 3 operators on it. But I'm at the end of a terrace and the mast is on the far side. So reception is the centre of my house is blocked by the rest of the houses, but at either side of the house it's fine.

It gave a score of 100% but as you go up the road it drops down to 86%???? Getting closer to the mast in the area.

Advertisement