Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

hdmi.....sound issues

• 25-08-2010 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭

got slim xbox yesterday. had the old one connected up by the five different colour leads (dont know name) to get hd quality. i am connecting slim thru hdmi cable. played COD last night and the sound was lower (had similar issue when i switched to sky HD). thats ok just turned the tv up a bit. however the game does not sound the same . for want of a better word the sound is a bit "muffled" ??? very annoying. any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭stopusingoil

Well, since you asked for suggestions and not solutions, I suggest you check the audio settings on your xbox. Try all the different settings and if that does nothing, maybe try your TV audio settings on the HD channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭thomashood10

1. On your console, go to My Xbox and then select System Settings .
    2. Select Console Settings .
    3. Select Audio .
    4. Select Digital Output .
    5. Make sure that Digital Stereo is selected.

Might help, check your TV's audio settings too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

can i ask why digital stereo and not digital dolby?? is this what is causing the weird sound

Possibly, the xbox might misinterpret how you're television or sound system is setup. Try setting it to stereo anyway and see if it helps.

thanks ill check tv and xbox set up so and match them

• Advertisement

tv is set to incredible surround ( seems better than stereo for sky HD)
    new xbox automatically set to digital dolby 5.1. switched it to digital stereo. not sure it has made a whole lot of difference to be honest.
    anyone had similar situation? or further suggestions

Hmm try some different audio settings on the TV, the default setting on the Xbox should be stereo

Advertisement