Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claremorris Swimming Pool

Options
  • 25-08-2010 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have organised swimming lessons in Claremorris Pool and today my friend told me that from the swmming pool people can see into the showers and just don't want to be showering and changing after the swim and have other people looking in - was just wondering if anyone has used this pool and is this true?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

shoes34 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have organised swimming lessons in Claremorris Pool and today my friend told me that from the swmming pool people can see into the showers and just don't want to be showering and changing after the swim and have other people looking in - was just wondering if anyone has used this pool and is this true?

thanks.

i would be shocked if it was, no one designing a swinning pool would be that stupid especially in the world we live in today

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

irishgeo wrote: »
    i would be shocked if it was, no one designing a swinning pool would be that stupid especially in the world we live in today

I rang them up and they said that you can as its for the safety of the children in the changing rooms, there are also other changing rooms on the next floor beside the gym. Will know more when I go tomorrow, now I don't think you can see right into the showers, at least I hope not or I won't be going there again!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Are these not just the showers you use before your swim and for directly after your swim to wash the effects of the pool off you?

amiable wrote: »
    Are these not just the showers you use before your swim and for directly after your swim to wash the effects of the pool off you?

No, he said it was for safety reasons so the life guard could see the childen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Basically the changing area is all unisex. There are 2 large communal changing rooms, one male, one female and a number of smaller changing cubicles and a few family changing cubicles.
    The showers are open and look out over the pool so yes, they can be seen from the spectator area.
    The idea being that you shower in your swimsuit.
    The gym upstairs has closed off showers if you wanted a proper shower but I find showering with my swimsuit on is fine.

I didn't like the sound of it initially but the layout is good really.

Means that moms can bring in their boys and dads bring in their girls. Great when you've a group or something as it doesn't matter if it's men or women with them.

It does work well.

• Advertisement

thanks ash23 - will be showering in my swimsuit !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CashLeto

Hi,

I'm a teenager and I want to become a lifeguard for a Summer job, but to become a lifeguard you have to have passed a load of training and swimming courses. The internet tells me that I should go to my local swimming pool to do the courses there. Does anybody know if Claremorris Swimming Pool holds Lifeguard Training Courses? And if they do, do they hold them for teenagers?

Not sure but the best thing would be to give them a call, its a lovely pool.

http://www.claremorrisleisurecentre.ie/contact-us/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CashLeto

Alrite cool thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

I was in the other day asking about lifegard courses. They said they are running two in the summer. One in June and one in Aug. I really want to do it there as their pool is 2m deep and I would get qualified as such. He said I did not have to have done courses before hand and that it is a weeks course. Phone them. The guy I spoke to was Donal and he runs them. Hope I'm of some help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement